- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Master Gardener Program Quick Stats
OSU Extension Master Gardeners™ Make a Difference!
All statistics are for the 2013 reporting year (November 2012 - October 2013).
- In Oregon, there were 3,836 Active Master Gardener Volunteers
- Of these, 3,038 were veterans of the Master Gardener Program
- A total of 798 individuals joined the Master Gardener Program, as trainees/apprentices
- Together, veteran Master Gardeners and trainees volunteered a total of 206,824 hours, in support of OSU Extension Master Gardener Program.
- Master Gardeners had 221,871 public contacts, via Plant Clinics, public gardening classes, demonstration days and other activities.
- The monetary value of this service is nearly $4.4 million dollars, and translates into an additional 101 FTE to OSU and OSU Extension. FTE stands for full time equivalent, and is used as a measure of full time employees.
- Master Gardeners donated over 102,934 documented pounds of fresh produce, harvested from Master Gardener-managed community and demonstration gardens, to local food banks and food pantries.
Learn more about what we have done in past years, by reading our Annual Report.