- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Master Gardener Program Quick Stats
OSU Extension Master Gardeners™ Make a Difference!
All statistics are for the 2012 reporting year (November 2011 - October 2012).
- In Oregon, there were 4,160 Active Master Gardener Volunteers
- Of these, 3,341 were veterans of the Master Gardener Program
- A total of 845 individuals joined the Master Gardener Program, as trainees/apprentices
- Together, veteran Master Gardeners and trainees volunteered a total of 194,898 hours, in support of OSU Extension Master Gardener Program.
- Master Gardeners had 186,494 public contacts, via Plant Clinics, public gardening classes, demonstration days and other activities.
- The monetary value of this service is nearly $4.2 million dollars, and translates into an additional 95.5 FTE to OSU and OSU Extension. FTE stands for full time equivalent, and is used as a measure of full time employees.
- Master Gardeners donated over 135,770 documented pounds of fresh produce, harvested from Master Gardener-managed community and demonstration gardens, to local food banks and food pantries.
Learn more about what we have done in past years, by reading our Annual Report.
For Email Marketing you can trust