2014 Volunteer log sheets
OSU requires the following form to be signed and submitted to the MG program office each year:
Condition of Service Form and Position Description Oct. 1, 2014 – Sept. 30, 2015 – All volunteers must complete this two-part form to be a registered Oregon State University volunteer. Doing so not only recognizes the volunteer as an official agent, it allows the university to extend coverage for tort liability (civil liability for injuries or damages to person or property of others) subject to the following general conditions:
- You limit your actions to the duties assigned (defined in the assigned duties section) and,
- You are working on an OSU task assigned by an authorized OSU supervisor;
- You perform your assigned duties in good faith, and do not act in a manner that is reckless or with the intent to unlawfully inflict harm to others.
We also need to have the following forms on file:
- Pest Control Recommendation Agreement – This form emphasizes to volunteers that the MG Program strives to provide science-based, objective advice to clients. MGs cannot introduce their personal bias into recommendations. For example, an MG who does not use any pesticides in their home cannot exclude pesticides from their recommendation summary to clients, if a pesticide (used according to label directions and current regulatory guidance) is an effective and safe management option.
- Policies Concerning the Use of Title of “OSU Master Gardener” – This form outlines how the title of Master Gardener can and cannot be used. For example, it cannot be used to sell or promote a product.
- Code of Conduct – This form describes the behavior expectations of OSU Master Gardeners.
- Personal Photo Release – (optional): Authorizes OSU to use your image in educational and promotional materials.
Please complete and return these signed forms to Margaret Bayne, Master Gardener Program, 200 Warner-Milne Rd. Oregon City, OR 97045. For question, please contact Margaret at 503-650-3126 or email@example.com.