2016 Volunteer log sheets (both Veterans and Interns)
OSU volunteer forms
OSU requires the following form to be signed and submitted to the MG program office each year:
October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016 – All volunteers must complete these two forms to be a registered Oregon State University volunteer:
Doing so not only recognizes the volunteer as an official agent, it allows the university to extend coverage for tort liability (civil liability for injuries or damages to person or property of others) subject to the following general conditions:
- You limit your actions to the duties assigned (defined in the assigned duties section) and,
- You are working on an OSU task assigned by an authorized OSU supervisor;
- You perform your assigned duties in good faith, and do not act in a manner that is reckless or with the intent to unlawfully inflict harm to others.
We also need to have the following forms on file (you only need to complete these forms one time the first year you take the Master Gardener training):
- Pest Control Recommendation Agreement – This form emphasizes to volunteers that the MG Program strives to provide science-based, objective advice to clients. MGs cannot introduce their personal bias into recommendations. For example, an MG who does not use any pesticides in their home cannot exclude pesticides from their recommendation summary to clients, if a pesticide (used according to label directions and current regulatory guidance) is an effective and safe management option.
- Policies Concerning the Use of Title of “OSU Master Gardener” – This form outlines how the title of Master Gardener can and cannot be used. For example, it cannot be used to sell or promote a product.
- Code of Conduct – This form describes the behavior expectations of OSU Master Gardeners.
If you want to initiate and coordinate a new volunteer project as part of the Master Gardener Program, you need to understand our requirements and complete the forms application form BEFORE you start the activity. Please read 2015 MG project selection criteria and then submit the appropriate form below.
Also, by October 1 of each year of the project, please compete the MG activity report form so that we can capture the impact of the activity in our annual reporting for OSU.
For all forms
Please complete and return these signed forms to Margaret Bayne, Master Gardener Program, 200 Warner-Milne Rd. Oregon City, OR 97045. For question, please contact Margaret at 503-650-3126 or email@example.com.