OSU Extension Master Gardeners™ Make a Difference!
All statistics are for the 2014 reporting year (November 2012 - October 2013).
- In Oregon, there were 2,987 Active Master Gardener Volunteers
- Of these, 2,384 were veterans of the Master Gardener Program
- A total of 625 individuals joined the Master Gardener Program, as trainees/apprentices
- Together, veteran Master Gardeners and trainees volunteered a total of 192,293 hours, in support of OSU Extension Master Gardener Program.
- Master Gardeners had 185,033 public contacts, via Plant Clinics, public gardening classes, demonstration days and other activities.
- The monetary value of this service is nearly $4.0 million dollars, and translates into an additional 92 FTE to OSU and OSU Extension. FTE stands for full time equivalent, and is used as a measure of full time employees.
- Master Gardeners donated an estimated 114,254 pounds of fresh produce, harvested from Master Gardener-managed community and demonstration gardens, to local food banks and food pantries.
Learn more about what we have done in past years, by reading our Annual Report.