OSU Extension Master Gardeners™ Make a Difference!
All statistics are for the 2016 reporting year (November 2015 - October 2016).
- In Oregon, there were 2,955 Active Master Gardener Volunteers
- These volunteers donated a total of 214,984 hours, in support of OSU Extension Master Gardener Program.
- Master Gardeners had 1054,811 public contacts, via Plant Clinics, public gardening classes, demonstration days and other activities.
- The monetary value of this service is $4.9 million dollars, and translates into an additional 103 FTE to OSU and OSU Extension. FTE stands for full time equivalent, and is used as a measure of full time employees.
- Master Gardeners donated an estimated 74,718 pounds of fresh produce, harvested from Master Gardener-managed community and demonstration gardens, to local food banks and food pantries.
Learn more about what we have done in past years, by reading our Annual Report.