- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Support the Master Gardener Program
There are three active campaigns that you can choose from, to support the Statewide Master Gardener Program.
1) Support the 2017 International Master Gardener Conference
Our Goal: $200,000
Our Progress (As of November 1, 2014): $55,000
Make a tax deductible donation to support the 2017 International Master Gardener Gardener Conference, which will be hosted by the OSU Extension Master Gardener Program, July 10-14, 2017. We are expecting over 1,200 Master Gardeners from across the United States, Canada and South Korea. We are excited to bring world class speakers to Oregon for this event, and to show off all of the wonderful things that Oregon has to offer gardeners. Your donation will go towards helping us deliver a high quality conference, while keeping registration costs low for attendees.
Visit our Sponsors page to learn more about our generous friends and sponsors, or to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
2) Support the IPM Website Project
Make a tax deductible donation to support the Oregon IPM Website. This project will improve access to pest management decision-making tools for the general public, Master Gardener volunteers, professional landscapers and designers, and others looking for research-based information on horticulture and household pests.
Our Goal: $750,000
Our Progress (As of November 1, 2014): $125,000
3) Support the Master Gardener™ Program by Contributing to the OSU Master Gardener™ Program Endowment.
Our Goal: $1,000,000
Our Progress (As of September 1, 2014): $194,271 in the endowment account
In addition, the Master Gardener™ Program has been fortunate to be the recipient of several generous estate gifts.
- In 2012, Clackamas County Master Gardener™ Sherry Sheng, together with her husband Spike Wadsworth, made a $1.2 million estate pledge to fully endow the statewide Master Gardener™ coordinator's position. The Y. Sherry Sheng and Spike Wadsworth Endowment Fund, a planned gift, will become available to the program through Sheng’s estate after she passes away.
- Also in 2012, Wasco County Master Gardener Barbara Bailey, together with her husband Bob Bailey, have made plans to establish an $600 thousand endowment to support the statewide Master Gardener™ Program. The Bob and Barbara Bailey Endowment Fund, a planned gift, will become available to the program through their estate, after their passing.
Also in 2012, the Master Gardener™ Program was the fortunate recipient of a $25,000 gift pledge (payable over 5 years) by the Clackamas County Master Gardener™ Association. This gift pledge represents the first time that a Master Gardener™ Association has stepped forward to make a long term pledge to the program.
We are grateful for these generous donors, and for all of the supporters of the Master Gardener™ Program who volunteer their time and/or offer financial support to keep the program running in the face of diminishing state support.
In 2004, the Oregon Master Gardener Association (OMGA), the OSU Extension Service, and the OSU College of Agricultural Sciences launched the OSU Master Gardener™ Program Endowment, a fundraising initiative to ensure that the OSU Master Gardener™ program will continue to grow and serve Oregonians across the state.
The Oregon Master Gardener Association and its chapters, individual Master Gardeners, and other program supporters have generously donated over $150,000 to the fund. Our goal is to raise over one million dollars in support of the statewide Master Gardener™ Program. The interest earnings from the endowment will provide on-going and sustainable program support for the statewide program, thus ensuring the continued success and impact of Oregon Master Gardeners™. Although we have a long way to go before we reach our goal of one million dollars, every little bit helps.
OSU Master Gardeners™ are volunteers who serve as gardening educators in Oregon communities. They offer research-based horticultural information to citizens across the state. They conduct educational programs that address critical issues such as safe pest management practices, water quality protection, yard waste management and composting, and the welfare of youth, senior citizens and persons with disabilities. Your support of the OSU Master Gardener™ Program Endowment helps to ensure that these programs will continue to evolve and meet the needs of today's gardeners.
You can contribute to the OSU Master Gardener™ Program Endowment in one of two ways:
- Print the MG Endowment contribution form and send it and your tax-deductible contribution to OSU Foundation, 850 SW 35th Street, Corvallis, OR 97333-4015.
- Contribute on-line by visiting the OSU Foundation's secure website click on"Make a Gift". There, you can sign up to make a monthly gift, or a one-time contribution. Monthly contributions can be as little as $5.00 or $10.00 per month, and go a long way towards helping to support the Oregon Master Gardener™ Program.
Fill in your contact information. Under "Giving Information - Other", fill in the "Designation Description" as Statewide Master Gardener™ Program Endowment.
All contributions to the OSU Master Gardener™ Program Endowment are tax-deductible.