Don't forget to mark your calendar for these 4-H events. Remember to check back regularly for updates!
High Desert Leadership Retreat
The High Desert Leadership Retreat is an annual youth conference held over the Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend. During the four-days, youth gather at the Eagle Crest Resort to challenge their minds and bodies by engaging in skill building and asset development.
4-H Survivor Camp
4-H Survivor Camp will be held at Camp Elkanah on February 14-16. At camp you will spend a weekend with your peers and do some hands-on preparation for real life! There will also be winter challenge games, survivor skills, new friends, and tribal council!
Below: 4-H Campers & Counselors at 2011 Camp
In order to participate in the 2013 Morrow County Fair, your 4-H enrollment is due BEFORE January 31, 2013!
All other non-fair 4-H enrollments (camps, workshops, etc.) are welcome year round! If you have any questions, please contact the 4-H office!
4-H Activity Scholarship Application
Looking for a scholarship to attend any of the below mentioned 4-H opportunities? Then fill out the form in the link below, and submit with $10 to the 4-H office with your completed event paperwork. We will not accept scholarship application forms that have been completed by the parent or guardian - we want to hear from the 4-H members on this form! If you have questions or need more information, please call our office. Scholarships are based on number of applicants per event.
Tri County 4-H Camp: June 21-24, 2013
Join us at the "Wild, Wild West" Tri-County 4-H Camp June 21-24, 2013! Held at Cutsforth park in southern Morrow County, this camping event will be one you will remember forever. Meet new friends, enjoy wild west themed classes including outdoor cooking, leathercraft, and dummy roping! Check out the information below and get your registrations in today! We have a great group of counselors this year, and are looking forward to another outstanding year at 4-H Camp!
Registrations are now open! This opportunity is open to all 4th-6th grade students from Morrow, Gilliam and Wheeler counties. Registration fee is $65 before June 3rd, and $75 after June 3rd!
OSU Summer Conference: June 26-29, 2013
Summer Conference is an opportunity for youth grades 7-12 to travel to Corvallis, explore campus life, make new friends, learn, and have a lot of fun. While here, participants attend workshops on a wide variety of subjects. Over 80 classes are offered including dog agility, a logging site tour, animal anatomy, fly fishing, origami, and etiquette.
In addition to attending workshops, participants will hear a nationally acclaimed speaker, participate in a Community Service project, and enjoy many fun activities such as a pool party and dance.
Registration opens May 1. Sign up right away as classes fill quickly.
2013 Calendar of Events for 4-H
Details subject to change.
- June 3-9: Eastern Oregon Livestock Show (EOLS) - Union, OR
- June 8: Sheep & Swine Weigh-In; Irrigon HS and Fairgrounds (time TBA)
- June 15: Blue Mountain Lamb Jackpot Show; Morrow County Fairgrounds
- June 20-24: Tri-County 4-H Camp; "Wild, Wild West!" theme
- June 26-29: OSU Summer Conference; Corvallis
- July 8: FAIR REGISTRATIONS DUE!!!
- July 20: Horse Show Pre-Fair; Fairgrounds
- July 27: Horse Show; Fairgrounds
- July 31: Presentations, Quick & Easy Ground Beef Contests; Fairgrounds
- Aug. 3: Clean-up Day; Fairgrounds (This community service project to help get the grounds ready for the big week of fair allow you to earn your entry pass to the fair!)
- Aug. 12-18: Morrow County Fair; Centennial Theme: "Harvesting 100 Years of Memories at the Morrow County Fair"
- Aug. 15 - Sep. 3: Oregon State Fair; Salem. Click here to access the State Fair site.
- Sep. 23: ALL RECORD BOOKS DUE TO THE 4-H OFFICE!!!