- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Public previews CAS dean candidates
January 27, 2009
CORVALLIS, Ore. – Five candidates for dean of Oregon State University’s College of Agricultural Sciences and director of the Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station will begin a series of interviews in February, and the public is invited to participate.
The candidates will visit the Wilsonville area and Pendleton, where the public is invited to meet them and participate in the interviews. The first candidate interviews will be on Feb. 4 at the Best Western Willamette Inn in Wilsonville at 9 a.m.; and at Blue Mountain Community College in Pendleton at 5:30 p.m. The other four will follow later this month.
The full schedule and dean candidate profiles are available online.
The candidates are:
• Bill Boggess, interim dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences at OSU and executive associate dean for the college (Wednesday, Feb. 4);
• Steven Lommel, interim associate dean for research in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and assistant vice-chancellor for research and graduate programs at North Carolina State University (Friday, Feb. 13);
• Craig Beyrouty, head of the agronomy department at Purdue University (Wednesday, Feb. 18);
• Gregory Bohach, director of the Idaho Agricultural Experiment Station and associate dean for the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences at the University of Idaho (Friday, Feb. 20);
• Sonny Ramaswamy, director of agricultural research programs and associate dean of the College of Agriculture at Purdue University (Wednesday, Feb. 25).
As dean of OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences and director of the Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station, one of these candidates will be selected to lead Oregon's largest agricultural research enterprise and one of OSU's largest colleges. Thayne Dutson retired from these responsibilities last year.
Interviews will be streamed live to branch experiment stations throughout the state.
"We hope those who are interested can participate in all five interviews," said Stella Coakley, associate dean of OSU's College of Agricultural Sciences. "We will request participants' input and we will consolidate all comments into statements for consideration by the search committee and by the OSU provost, who will make the final decision in this matter."
Source: Stella Coakley