- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Art About Agriculture exhibition opens May 6
April 29, 2011
CORVALLIS, Ore. – The work of 17 artists will be showcased in the Oregon State University College of Agricultural Sciences' 29th annual "Art About Agriculture" exhibition May 6–27 in the Giustina Gallery in LaSells Stewart Center.
"This year's exhibition presents art by visual artists who draw, paint, photograph and sculpt," said Shelley Curtis, curator. "Through their work they offer us understanding into values and deeper meaning of our region's salient natural resources."
The theme for the exhibit is "Ways into the Region."
Another showing of the art is scheduled in Medford June 17 through July 29 at the Rogue Gallery and Art Center, 40 S. Bartlett St. A public reception at the Medford showing is Friday, June 17, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Rogue Gallery.
Judges Keith Achepohl from Eugene, an emeritus professor of art at the University of Iowa, and Marsha Matthews, Portland, director of public services for the Oregon Historical Society, will award more than $4,000 to chosen artists.
- Albany: Gale Everett, Bobbie Jansen
- Ashland: Bruce Allen Bayard, Betty LaDuke
- Baker City: Phillip John Charette, Paul Hoelscher
- Beaverton: Leslie Wu
- Corvallis: Karla Chambers, Louie Paul
- Portland: Katherine Ace, Melissa Basey, Lisa Caballero, Jeff Leake, Paula Rebsom, David Schell, Kentree Speirs
- Vancouver, Wash.: Carson Legree
Source: Shelley Curtis