Extension Citizen Advisory Council Meeting held in November
The Extension Citizen Advisory Council (ECAN) met November 17-18 at the Eugene Hilton in Eugene with representation from 17 counties and program areas. The ECAN meeting was held in conjunction with the Association of Oregon Counties (AOC) Annual Meeting. ECAN members were invited to join the AOC at their “County Tasting” Event held the evening of November 17, providing ECAN members an opportunity to meet and network with their local officials and those from other counties.
The ECAN agenda included:
- Welcome, introduction – Betty-Coe de Broekert ECAN Co-Chair, Scott Reed Vice Provost Outreach and Engagement, Director Extension
- Strategic Vision of OSU – Steve Clark, Vice President for University Relations and Marketing
- Regional Administrator and County Leader Structure – Sam Angima, Outreach and Engagement Regional Administrator, North Coast Region
- ECAN and New Regional Administration Structure - Scott Reed
- Budget, Legislative Update, Communicating with Elected Officials – Scott Reed
- Evening event - ECAN joins Association Oregon Counties “County Tasting,” Hilton Eugene Main Ballroom
- Debrief from evening with AOC – All
- Outreach and Engagement Regionalization Spectrum of Access – Dave King, Associate Provost Outreach and Engagement, Director Ecampus
- Ask an Expert (AaE) Status Report – Jeff Hino, Extension and Experiment Station Communications (EESC), Learning Technology Leader
- Extension Website and Awareness Campaign – Peg Herring, EESC Education Outreach Leader
- Next Steps and Leadership Recruitment – Betty-Coe de Broekert, Jim Fitzpatrick
- Meeting evaluation - All
All faculty and staff are encouraged to get to know their ECAN representative for their county and/or program area. Contact your Regional Administrator or County Leader if you need contact information (or Jackie Russell, Extension Administration).