A New Look for County Extension Office and AES Websites
Watch for a fresh new look on county and AES websites in the weeks ahead. Soon EESC will begin updating all county and AES websites to the new Drupal Extension/AES theme. We anticipate all county and AES sites will be successfully updated to the new theme by February.
The new design will bring a number of enhancements and new features to your website, including:
In addition to your local information and content, the new template will feature Extension content shared automatically to all county sites, bringing new and continuously updated statewide information to your visitors.
Consistent look and feel
The new fresh look balances the look-and-feel of the new Extension site and updated OSU brand standards. At the same time, it will continue to provide local county and AES branding with a banner featuring an image unique to your county. View the new look (JPG)
- Social media –Dedicates a location for your Facebook, Twitter, YouTube links, and more
- Better navigation – An easy-to-use and more comprehensive menu system
- Announcements – Provide your latest news updates
- Updated calendar display – View event details in a pop-up without leaving your page
- Find Us – Provides faculty/staff info with a zoom-able Google map
- Print friendly – Delivers easy-to-read printed output
- Emergency blocks – Alert your county to emergency situations
- View the new features (PDF)
We are in the process of developing a new Drupal training website to help you learn how to update all aspects of your website. Additional resources will include a Drupal support hotline, online training, and workshops.
What can you do to help prepare for this new theme?
- Remove out-of-date information on your site: see instructions for updating your current site or how to update your site with the new Extension theme
- Verify contact info: search the online people directory for your location name, check the contact info and people in your location is correct
Keep up-to-date on the roll out
- We will contact individual counties before we update their sites
- View our progress on the roll out
Questions or constructive feedback?
Please contact Jeff Hino, Learning Technology Leader at the EESC.