eXtension Learning Opportunities in January 2014 and Beyond
Many online events are planned for early 2014 and are listed at eXtension Learn for your own learning or for you to share with your audiences, and more may be added! By participating in an event you can extend your knowledge and keep more up-to-date on conversations in your areas of expertise and interest.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the events listed at Learn as they fit your interests. As part of Extension, you may sign in with your eXtension ID to get notifications and attend. Use each session’s unique URL to share links to online events in your area of expertise so that others can learn with you. Encourage your customers to also sign in with their Facebook, Twitter, or Gmail account to follow, and plan to attend. Additional sessions may be added at any time, so check back to see what’s new, or add your web-based sessions.
Popular November/December Topics
Watch the recordings and add your thoughts to these sessions from November and December:
- What to Grab When There is Smoke in Your Nostrils, a Howling in Your Ears or Water to Your Ankles
- Don’t Bug Me Webinar: Keep Ants off the Thanksgiving Table
- Viewing Volunteer and Workplace Management through Generational Lenses
- Using Technology in Extension
Select January Topics
Controlling Internal Parasites in Small and Backyard Poultry Flocks on January 9, 2014. Keeping happy chickens means keeping them healthy. Internal parasites can be a problem when chickens are allowed to roam. Dr. Donna Carver from North Carolina State University will discuss controlling internal parasites in backyard flocks.
Basic Vaccinology: Why Vaccines Work or Don't Work on January 13, 2014. Vaccines are a vital part of maintaining the health and well-being of a dairy herd, but have you ever wondered about what makes them work? Dr. Dan Grooms will cover some of the basics of vaccinology, including basic immunology and how vaccines work.
Using Technology to Enhance Your 4-H Experience on January 14, 2014. Between Facebook and Twitter and other social media and websites and blogs and smartphones and more, it can be very challenging to keep up with the latest technology trends. But technology can also be a great tool to support communication and learning between 4-H volunteers and participants.
Workplace Revolution: How the Internet is Changing the Way We Learn at Work on January 21, 2014. In this virtual conference, Jane Hart will present the results of her Top 100 Tools for Learning 2013 compiled from the votes of over 500 learning professionals (from education and workplace learning) worldwide. What does this tell us about the way we now learn?
Go to Learn to see more sessions...
- January 2 – Meeting of the Small and Backyard Flocks of CoP
- January 7 – Institutional Team Web Conference, January 2014
- January 8 – Citizen Science Observation Networks
- January 9 – Controlling Internal Parasites in Small and Backyard Poultry Flocks
- January 13 – Basic Vaccinology: Why Vaccines Work or Don't Work
- January 14 – Buying a Car
- January 14 – 4-H Program Logic Model for Military Connected Youth
- January 14 – Using Technology to Enhance Your 4-H Experience
- January 15 – Spotted Winged Drosophila and Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- January 16 – NRCS EQIP Organic Initiative and Organic Dairy Farms
- January 21 – Using Twitter, Games, and Videos in Personal Finance
- January 21 – Workplace Learning Revolution: How the Internet is Changing the Way We Learn at Work
- January 23 – 9 Important Communication Skills for Deescalating the Cycle of Abuse & Violence
- January 28 – Question Wranglers' Meetup, January 2014
- January 29 – Moodle Meet-Up, January 2014
- February 3 – Exploring the Science of 4-H Projects
- February 4 – Institutional Team Web Conference, February 2014
- February 7 – All Bugs Good and Bad Webinar Series: If Flowers are Restaurants to Bees, Then What are Bees to Flowers?
- February 10 – Electronic Distractions & Child Neglect
- February 12 – Dealing with Late Blight
- February 17 – Hatching and Brooding Your Own Chicks
- March 4 – Institutional Team Web Conference, March 2014
- March 7 – All Bugs Good and Bad Webinar Series: Straight Talk About Termites
- March 19 – Conventional and Organic Weed Control in Sweet Corn, Pumpkin and Winter Squash
- April 1 – Institutional Team Web Conference, April 2014
- April 2 – Fertigation: Scheduling and Water Quality Considerations
- April 4 – All Bugs Good and Bad Webinar Series: Get TickSmart: 10 Things to Know, 5 Things to Do