Renew Your ESP Gamma Chapter Membership for 2011
On behalf of the ESP Gamma Chapter Leadership Team I am inviting you to renew your Epsilon Sigma Phi membership for 2011. As you know, ESP is the National Association of Extension Professionals, and administrators who work closely with and support their work, who exhibit excellence in Extension programming and/or administration.
ESP is the only professional Extension organization (7000 members) that brings together all program areas, is national in scope, and has both retirees and current faculty and staff as members. Besides the networking opportunities with other professionals, benefits of ESP membership include:
• Professional development conferences and distance learning opportunities.
• Connecting current employees and retirees to build networks, continuity, and support for the Extension system and related issues.
• Unite Extension personnel and retirees across disciplines, units and programs in Oregon and the United States.
• Access to scholarships for professional development, including national conferences, advanced degrees and to attend trainings & mini-grants.• Learn about international opportunities from members who have done work all over the world.
• Opportunity to have your work recognized at state and national levels.
• Opportunity to serve on state and national committees.
• Stipends to present workshops, poster presentations and serve on National Committees at national ESP Conferences.
• Opportunity to develop leadership skills
Annual membership dues for Gamma Chapter and National ESP are $55 and are due by January 15, 2011. Please make your check payable to ESP and send to Treasurer Holly Berry, Marion County Extension, 3180 Center St. NE Room 1361, Salem, OR 97301.
I hope you will consider continuing your membership in Epsilon Sigma Phi. Your knowledge and experience are valuable to ESP and Extension, especially in these challenging times! If you need more information please contact me.
Jim Reeb, Chair
ESP, Gamma Chapter, Member Recruitment & Retention Committee