OSU Libraries and Oregon Explorer Update
By Bonnie Avery, Natural Resources Librarian
OSU Libraries’ services and Oregon Explorer TM
This summer look for entries on OSU Libraries’ services and its Oregon Explorer TM endeavors on alternate months. If you have suggestions about any topics you think might be helpful, feel free to contact me at: bonnie . avery (at) oregonstate . edu
Changes this year at the Library
The library is changing fast thanks to the University Librarian Karyle Butcher’s enthusiasm for supporting new ideas and an influx of new librarians who work hard to take her up on this support.
- Initiated document delivery of journal articles to faculty on campus,
- Began the migration of the Oregon Explorer portals to an open source software,
- Ran a successful pilot project of 24 hours (Sunday-Thursday) service during spring term, supported in part by ASOSU,
- Added “text-a-librarian” reference service in addition to our usual chat, email and walk-up service,
- Arranged for patron access to many more e-books
- The search box on the library home page was revamped and is far more useful for one stop searching across our e-journal content.
- And more...
OSU’s institutional repository of digital documents
Thanks in no small part to the contributions from Extension and Experiment Station Publications and Forestry Communications, the ScholarsArchive@OSU, OSU’s institutional repository of digital documents has grown this year and is ranked 23rd of 400 worldwide (see all institutions at: http://repositories.webometrics.info/top400_rep.asp). More about this next month! Meanwhile, give it a try and let us know what you think.