Ecampus Remote Staff Fee Discount
We would like to remind our county Extension faculty and staff of the Remote Staff Discount benefit and education opportunity for online Ecampus degrees and classes.
Remote Staff Discount
The Remote Staff Fee Remission program is designed to provide equivalent "Staff Fee Privilege" discounts to eligible OSU employees for up to 4 credit hours, per term, taken through OSU Extended Campus. Twenty-five fee remission packages, per term, will be granted on a first-come first-serve basis. The program is OSU specific and may not be used to access on-site or distance education programs at other OUS institutions.
The Remote Staff Discount program will support only OSU faculty and staff who:
- are pursuing a program of studies leading to a degree or academic certificate rogram offered by OSU, or will be taking courses that clearly enhance or improve job skills for current employee assignments.
- will access their coursework via fully online credit courses offered through OSU Extended Campus.
- will be at least .50 FTE during the proposed term(s) of study.
- work at OSU facilities outside a 50 mile radius of the OSU Corvallis Campus or the OSU Cascades campus service areas.
- The Remote Staff Discount program is not extended to family members.
- If the degree, academic certificate, or course elected by the staff member is available at another Oregon University System (OUS) campus within a 50 mile radius of the staff member’s work site, the staff member must use their OUS Staff Fee Privilege at that location. The OSU Distance Education Fee Remission Support program will not apply to these programs.
The Remote Staff Fee Remission program will be evaluated at the end of the academic year, including assessment of the program’s scope and sustained funding for the program.
Application Process and Deadline
The application is available as a printable PDF document or by contacting OSU Extended Campus. Separate application forms must be submitted for each term of proposed study. The completed form, including required signatures, must be received no later than two days prior to the start of term. If the application form is received after the deadline, it may be accepted at the discretion of Extended Campus.However, you will be responsible for any accrued billings and interest charges.
Submission of the Remote Staff Discount application does not constitute course registration. You must register for your course(s) and, depending on your situation, you must apply for admission to OSU.