Professional Development Opportunities
National Association of Extension Program Development and Staff Professionals
The objectives of this Association shall be to provide an organized forum for extension program and staff development professionals who are actively engaged in, or have a strong commitment to, program and staff development in the Cooperative Extension System to come together (both physically and virtually) to:
- Improve communication and collaboration by discussing issues, needs and opportunities of mutual interest and building and sharing resources;
- Advocate for the profession by promoting its importance within the land grant system;
- Enhance multi‐state efforts;
- Discuss, develop, sponsor, and promote educational training programs and activities that advance sound program and staff development practices; and
- Advance the professional status of program and staff development extension professionals by encouraging continuous self‐improvement.
Per Bill Braunworth, meeting scheduled for Denver, December 10-12. No info currently available on the website,
Western Region Extension Mid-Managers Conference
Endorsed by the Western Extension Directors Association, the Mid-Managers Conference is targeted to those serving in management roles with Extension. The objective is to help enhance analytical and managerial skills for coordinating people, ideas and resources in support of dynamic Extension programs. Rumor has it that this conference will be linked to the NAEPSDP conference above. When more information is made available, it will be posted.
2012 National eXtension Conference, SPUR ON the Evolution of Extension
The 2012 National eXtension Conference will be held in Oklahoma City, September 30-October 5, 2012. Conference registration will open May 15 and scholarships are available for some who register!
For more information, visit the conference website.