Ask an Expert Awards
OSU Extension recently acknowledged those who have been exceptional performers in Ask an Expert. Three top awards (with accompanying gift of an Apple iPad Mini!) were given to two faculty members and a volunteer to recognize them for their high level of participation, quality of their answers, and dedication to improving this increasingly popular online outreach system.
The winners for the Outstanding Performer Award were Ross Penhallegon, an Associate Professor and Extension Horticulture Specialist stationed in Lane County, and Jacki Dougan, a Master Gardener volunteer working out of the Washington County Extension office.
The Question of the Week brings special attention to questions considered by the Ask an Expert administrative team to be well-written , interesting and timely for that week. Ask an Expert gave the “Question of the Year--Outstanding Performer" award to Dana Sanchez, an Extension Wildlife Specialist, who had FIVE Questions of the Week this past year. To see an animated example of Dana’s answers to sometime whacky wildlife questions, see “Exotic Dog Treat Safe?”
Top Achievement Award for AaE- Faculty
- Ross Penhallegon, OSU College of Agricultural Sciences
- Runner-up: Linda McMahan, Associate Professor, Horticulture, Yamhill County
- Runner-up: Weston Miller, Community & Urban Horticulturist, Clackamas County
Top Achievement Award for AaE- Volunteer
- Jacki Dougan, Master Gardener volunteer, Washington County Extension Office
- Runner-up: Jean Natter, Washington County Master Gardener volunteer
- Runner-up: Marjorie Neal, Jackson County Master Gardener volunteer
Ask an Expert Question of the Year Award
- Dana Sanchez, OSU Department of Fisheries & Wildlife
- Runner-up: Neil Bell, Community Horticulturist, Marion County
- Runner-up: Carolyn Breece, OSU Honeybee Lab