Spring 2013 OSUEA Award Winners
Congratulations to OSUEA Spring Training 2013 award winners. Photos of the awardees are avaiable through EESC's photographic archive.
The OSUEA Newer and Experienced Faculty Awards recognize superior and distinguished achievement of OSU Extension Association newer faculty members with fewer than seven years of experience and experienced faculty members with seven years or more.
- Jed Smith - 4-H, Klamath Basin (Newer Faculty Award)
- Jamie Davis - 4-H and FCH, Lake Co. (Newer Faculty Award)
- Fara Brummer - Agriculture, Warm Springs (Experienced Faculty Award)
- Darrin Walenta - Crop and Soil, Union Co. (Experienced Faculty Award)
The Classified Staff Award recognizes and reward outstanding and exceptional service by classified and management employees within the Oregon State University Extension Service.
Margie Vaughn - Office Manager, Union Co.
The OSUEA Team Award recognizes outstanding efforts on the part of a team of Extension faculty, staff, or both in responding to and incorporating into a specific educational program or effort within the Oregon State University Extension Service.
Oregon 4-H Science Leadership Team: Lynette Black, Patrick Willis, Jeremy Green, Virginia Bourdeau, Mary Arnold, Pamela Rose, and Jonathan Mayer
Hoecker Extension Innovative Grants Program
Sponsored by Dale and Alice Hoecker Family, the award encourages and supports Extension faculty in developing and delivering new programs that address a high priority need of an Oregon target audience through creative and innovative approaches and creative Extension programming.
- Wallowa Co. 4-H, In-school Robotics Program: Debera Schreiber
OSU Extension Association has recognized Cooperators for more than 30 years. Each year individuals and businesses are recognized for the significant contributions they have made to Extension programs. It is through these cooperators that Extension is able to accomplish so much.
OSUEA Cooperators Awards: Less than 10 years
- Cathy Burdett, Yamhill Co.
- Paula Means, Clackamas Co.
- Julie Morin, Lane Co.
- Eric Pond, North Willamette Research and Extension Center
- Dan Sherwin, Deschutes Co.
OSUEA Cooperators Awards: More than 10 years
- Jim Clawson, Polk Co.
- Earl and Cheryl Graham, Union Co.
- Phyllis Holmes, Tillamook Co.
- Sudy Lamb, Linn Co.
OSUEA Cooperators Awards: Business/Organization
- Unitarian Universalist church, Lane Co.
- Benton County Fairgrounds, Benton Co.
- McMinnville School District, Yamhill Co.
- US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, USDA Pacific Northwest Research Station, and US Fish and Wildlife Service, Metro Area
- Community Connection of Wallowa County, Wallowa Co.
- BTN Christmas Tree Farms, Marion Co.
ESP recognizes any non-Extension person, company, or organization that has demonstrated outstanding support and involvement in Extension efforts.
- Ray VanBlaricom, Yamhill Co., Master Gardener Program