eXtension Learning Opportunities in October 2013 and Beyond
Thirty-four different learning events are planned for October and are listed at Learn (Learn.extension.org) for your own learning or for you to share with your audiences, and more may be added! By participating in an event you can extend your knowledge and keep more up-to-date on conversations in your areas of expertise and interest.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the events listed at Learn as they fit your interests. As part of Extension, you may sign in with your eXtensionID to Follow to get notifications and plan to attend. Use each session’s unique URL to share links to online events in your area of expertise so that others can learn with you. Encourage your customers to also sign in with their Facebook, Twitter,or Gmail account to follow, and plan to attend. Additional sessions may be added at any time, so check back to see what’s new, or add your web-based sessions.
Selected Topics in October...
What the Public is Telling Us About Their Ask an Expert Answers: Addressing concerns surfaced in the ongoing evaluation effort on Wednesday, October 2. This session will introduce Ask an Expert responders to the recently tabulated question evaluation system. It will review key metrics regarding customer demographics, satisfaction, and impact. It will conclude with a discussion on, knowing what we now know, how might we craft higher quality responses to questions for our clientele.
Don't Bug Me: Home Invaders on October 2. Learn about insects that come into houses looking for a place to spend the winter. This webinar is part of the 2013 Don't Bug Me Webinar Series, brought to you by eXtension and its participating Cooperative Extension Institutions. The series is coordinated by the Imported Fire Ant eXtension Community of Practice.
Friday Online--Program Development for Online Learning on October 4. Presented by: Susanna Coppernoll & Caitlyn Calvert, Extension eLearning Specialists, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension. Join this series of free webinars on using online technology in Extension educational programs. Sessions will be on select Friday mornings this Fall.
Getting S.M.A.R.T. about Goal Setting and Spending (Part 3 of 4) on Oct 9, and Manage Your Future Now (Part 4 of 4) on Oct 23. The My Money & Me webinar series has been accepted by the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE®) continuing education (CEU) Department.
Popular Topics from September...
Know the Flow - My Money and Me (Part 1 of 4) and Money: Getting to Know You - My Money and Me (Part 2 of 4) by the Personal Finance CoP.
Tweet Chat - Managing Drought presented by EDEN CoP.
Estate Planning for Military Families - Part 2 and Children Under Stress: Understanding the Language of Behavior by Military Families Learning Network.
Successful Webinars! provided by the National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals (NAEPSDP).
Go to Learn to see more sessions...
- October 1: Companion Animals eXtension-The Reliable Source
- October 1: Institutional Team Web Conference - October 2013
- October 2: Citizen Science: It's About Crowdsourcing
- October 2: Don't Bug Me: Home Invaders
- October 2: What the Public is Telling Us About Their Ask an Expert Answers: Addressing concerns surfaced in the ongoing evaluation effort
- October 3: Use of GAPIT in Genome-Wide Association Studies
- October 3: October meeting of the small and backyard flocks CoP
- October 3: Do You Have Enough Insurance?
- October 4: Friday Online--Program Development for Online Learning
- October 7: Economic Benchmarks for Dairies: Eight Rules You Cannot Break
- October 7: How to Help Military & Veteran Families: Some Answers to Your Questions
- October 7: Be My Friend: Utilizing Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to Engage and Interact with your Audience
- October 8: Risk Management for Pesticides and Honey Bees
- October 9: Getting S.M.A.R.T. about Goal Setting and Spending - My Money and Me! (Part 3 of 4)
- October 9: Farm 2 School Webinar #2: Partnering with Cooperative Extension to Support Farm to School
- October 10: The Florida Health Literacy Initiative: Helping English Language Learners to Make Healthy Choices
- October 10: Military Caregivers: Commonalities & Differences Shed Light on Individuality
- October 15: Children Under Stress, Part 2: Responding When Children Withdraw
- October 15: Winter Care Considerations for Horses
- October 16: Understanding Cultural Competency and its Role in Volunteer Administration
- October 16: West, Texas fertilizer facility explosion: Lessons learned in crisis communication
- October 17: Assist Rural MI/WI Farmers in Making Decisions about On-Farm Scale Anaerobic Digesters
- October 17: NRCS EQIP Organic Initiative and Organic Dairy Farms
- October 17: Parasite control in small poultry flocks
- October 18: Friday Online--Platforms for Delivery Online
- October 18: Farm Families and the Affordable Care Act
- October 21: Out in the sun: How to plan and put on an engaging, informative and successful field day
- October 22: Question Wranglers' Meetup - October 2013
- October 22: Integrating Livestock into Dryland Organic Crop Rotations
- October 23: Manage Your Future Now - My Money and Me (Part 4 of 4)
- October 24: Part One of Field Phenomics: Developing and Using a Sensor Array
- October 24: Introduction & Development of the Community-flow Measurement Instrument
- October 25: Building Capacity for Productive and Meaningful Advisory Experiences
- October 30: Moodle Meet-Up
- October 31: Part Two of Field Phenomics: Data Analysis
- November 1: Friday Online--Tips & Resources for Online Development
- November 4: How am I doing: Improving your Extension program by evaluating it with feedback and follow-up
- November 5: Institutional Team Web Conference - November 2013
- November 6: Don't Bug Me: Keep Ants off the Thanksgiving Table
- November 7: Discovering Hidden Feed Costs for the Milking Herd
- November 7: Master Equine Manager Certificate
- November 7: Know What You Are Spending
- November 8: Professional development for Extension agents: Nutrition Essentials and Family Nutrition modules are available online
- November 14: Lattice Designs
- November 14: Behavior Based Grazing Management: A Plant-Herbivore Interaction Webinar by eOrganic
- November 14: Setting up a flock in a community garden or community group coop setting
- November 15: Friday Online--Accessibility & Intellectual Property Rights
- November 18: OMG! You've Got 4-H Parents! Now What??
- November 19: Working with and Communicating Across Generations
- November 20: What to Grab When There is Smoke in Your Nostrils, a Howling in Your Ears or Water to Your Ankles
- November 25: Moodle Meet-Up
- November 26: Question Wranglers' Meetup - November 2013
- November 26: Equine Riding Arena Footing & Management
- December 3: Institutional Team Web Conference - December 2013
- December 3: Engaging Teens & Older Youth
- December 5: Communication about Finances and Estate Planning
- December 13: Friday Online--Evaluation and Accountability
- December 16:Critical Economic Decisions when Raising Heifers
- December 17: Question Wranglers' Meetup - December 2013
Questions and Comments?
Contact Beth Raney. If you have web-based events for which you would like more participation, please add them at Learn.extension.org for others to join in!