2012 University Outreach and Engagement Strategic Conference, October 29-31
It's time celebrate achievements and look toward "Advancing the Engagement Mission" at the 2012 Outreach and Engagement Conference, October 29-31, CH2M Hill Alumni Center, Corvallis
We are excited to open the conference with keynote speakers Dr. Barbara Holland and Dr. Judith Ramaley, both leaders in the area of community engagement and faculty at Virginia Tech’s Engagement Academy. They will address three of University Outreach and Engagement’s strategic areas that are critical for advancing our engagement mission: Integration, culture, and scholarship.
The Outreach and Engagement Conference registration site opens on September 28 and is open until Monday, October 15.
Monday, Oct 29
- Vice Provost Awards for Excellence Luncheon
- Keynote: Dr. Barbara Holland and Dr. Judith Ramaley
- Response: Kate Hunter-Zarworski, OSU Faculty Senate President
- OSU Faculty Panel: Integration, Culture and Scholarship with Anita Azarenko, Mark Edwards, Maria Chavez-Haroldson
- OSUEA Extension Faculty, Staff, Retiree Dinner (Benton County Fairgrounds)
Tuesday, Oct 30
- The Evolving Role of Extension in the Academy: Extension and the Academy’s Mission of Discovery, Learning & Engagement
- Role of Community in Extension Programs
- Breakout Sessions
- OSUEA Poster Session (refereed and non-refereed)
- OSUEA Affiliate meeting
- 4-H & FCH Diversity Dinner meeting
- OSUEA Breakfast & Search for Excellence
- Workshop on Annual Review & Promotion and Tenure of Extension Faculty
OSU Extension Association affiliate meetings, program and/or working group meetings
Vistit the conference website for For registration, complete program schedules, and Corvallis lodging.
To register you will need your department billing index. The index will be used only if you select to attend the OSUEA Dinner October 29th, and/or meals on October 31, OSUEA Day. There is no charge for any other event or meals. Outreach and Engagement will cover that expense. The committee hopes this will encourage your participation.
Off Campus Faculty & Staff
Like you, we are trying to stay within our reduced budget. We will continue to cover RT mileage for one vehicle per county. You are responsible for your own room reservations.
Feel free to contact Drea Zigler, 541-737-2713, with any questions.