- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Polk County Master Gardeners
Who are the Polk County Master Gardeners?
The purpose of the Polk County Master Gardener™
Program is to support the OSU Master Gardener™ Program and to provide research based gardening information and educational opportunities to the residents of Polk County. They do this through classes and plant problem clinics in various locations throughout the year. The demonstration gardens at the Polk County Fairgrounds are practical examples of home horticulture principles that are the foundation of the Master Gardener™ Program.
Each Master Gardener volunteer has attended the 60 hour Oregon State University Master Gardener™ Training in various horticulture disciplines and performed 60 hours of volunteer work on specific Polk County Master Gardener projects.
Polk County Master Gardener Bylaws - Updated January 2015
The Polk County Master Gardeners are available to answer your questions in the office or over the phone every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 AM to 12 NOON.
289 E. Ellendale, Suite 301
Check out the links on the right side of this page for more information about the Polk County Master Gardener program.
Helpful Gardening Links
- OSU Extension Gardening Website
- OSU Extension Gardening Tips
- OSU Plant Disease Website
- OSU Extension Monthly Gardening Calendar
- OSU Plant Disease Clinic Monthly Calendar
- OSU Insect Management Website
- OSU Weed Management Website
- Landscape Plants: Images, Identification and Information
- How to collect a plant specimen for disease diagnosis
- OSU Gardening Publications