Polk County 4-H Fair Book
Polk County Open Class Fair Book
4-H Members and Participants
4-H members are youth in grades 4 through 12 who learn together in club settings led by volunteer 4-H leaders. Club members meet all year long to complete one of 40 or more projects. 4-H clubs usually have officers elected from their membership.
Some youth participate in 4-H school enrichment programs or other short-term special-interest programs. These short-term programs may be led by volunteers or teachers. Most programs focus on science-based curricula that support the latest educational goals for Oregon students.
Youth in grades K-3 may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud programs.
Take this quick survey so we can contact you about joining!
Calendar of Events
For a more complete list, check out our latest newsletter HERE.
- 1 Fair Entry Deadline
- 1 Senior Scholarship Deadline
- 3 Extension Office Closed to celebrate July 4th
- 9 Pitchfork Pals, 7-10 pm, Extension Office
- 11 State Livestock Judging Contest
- 11-12 Pre-Fair 4-H Horse Show, Polk Co. Fairgrounds
- 13 Small Animal Express, 6-9 pm, Extension Office
- 14 Greenhorns, 7 pm, Extension Office
- 18 Step Class, Outdoor Cookery
- 20 Rabbit Rascals, 6-7:30 pm, Extension Office
- 23-26 Dallas Summerfest
- 24 ALL Fair Clean-up Day, 9-12 and 5:30-7
- 28 Pre-Fair Contest Day, sign up early
- 1 Horse Open Gaming Show - Clackamas County
- 3-7 Extension Office closed - we are at the Fairgrounds
- 3 Static Judging
- 4 4-H Building Setup
- 5 Animals Move into Fair, Horse Show Begins
- 6-8 Polk County Fair
- 6-8 USA Archery Camp - Archery Club of Eugene/Springfield
- 20-21 State Fair non-perishable static exhibits to Extension Office
- 24 State Fair Exhibits perishable foods and horticulture to Extension Office
- 28-Sept. 7 150th Oregon State Fair
- 1 Lego Extreme Team, 2-4 pm Extension Office
- 4 Small Animal Express 6-9 pm Extension Office
- 7 labor Day - Extension Office Closed, State Fair tear down
- 8 Begin Pick up State Fair Exhibits from Extension Office after 1 pm
- 14-16 Outdoor School
- 21 Complete records (permanent record and project records) be due for records special award consideration.
- 22 Records Awards Committee selection
- 22 Lego Extreme Team, 2-4 pm Extension Office
- 26-27 Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival, Clackamas Co. Event Center
Check out our FACEBOOK page!
my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service, and
my HEALTH to better living for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
You may be a Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter: Click here for tips
Click on the links below: