- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Summer Day Camp Programming
S.T.E.P up 2 4-H
Short Term Educational Programming
Project Exploration, Cloverbud, Older Youth, Home School, Family Friendly Activities
Get ready for summer and sun……Something for Everyone….
Summer Day Camp schedule and programs
Summer Day Camp Programs
For K to 5th grades
Junior Master Gardener Day Camps
The Junior Master Gardener Day Camp is a program sponsored by OSU Extension - Polk County 4-H, Oregon 4-H Foundation and Monmouth Parks and Recreation. 4-H membership is not required. The program is designed to give youth hands-on outdoor learning experiences with natural science, forestry, gardening, herbs, flowers, vegetables, entomology, soils, ecology, crafts, and more.
DALLAS - June 18-20, 2012 9:30am-2:30pm. Dallas City Park/Dallas Arboretum. We will be meeting at the SW end of the Dallas City Park by The Delbert Hunter Arboretum. Look for the Green Tent!
Registration: $30 Earlybird registration: $20 before June 8th
MONMOUTH - June 25-27, 2012 9:30am-2:30pm Gentle Woods Park (OliveWay and N. High) We will meet at the Gentle Woods Park for sign in each day. Look for the Green Tent! Also sponsored by Monmouth Parks and Recreation.
Registration: $30 Earlybird registration: $20 before June 15th Grades: K-5 Cost for the three day camp is $30 per youth. Maximum family rate of $50. Scholarships may be available.
For Questions about the camp contact: 503-623-8395 Polk County 4-H firstname.lastname@example.org
For 4th to 12th grades
- Foods Project Summer Day Camp – July 23, 9 to noon, Polk County Fairgrounds, 4-H Building. Cost: $10.00
- Clothing Project Summer Day Camp – July 24, 9 to noon, Polk County Fairgrounds, 4-H Building. Cost: $10.00
- Horticulture Project Summer Day Camp – July 25, 9 to noon, Polk County Fairgrounds, 4-H Building. Cost: $10.00
- Art Project Summer Day Camp – July 26, 9 to noon, Polk County Fairgrounds, 4-H Building. Cost: $10.00
Questions about Project Day Camps contact: Polk County 4-H 503-623-8395 or cell 503-877-7191 or email@example.com
- First Aid/CPR Class – June 9th , 8:30am to 2:00pm, 4-H Education Center, West Salem. Cost: $55.00 for first time class; $45.00 for recertification class. Bring sack lunch or optional lunch from the 4-H Center for $7.50. For more information: Margi Tipton. 503-510-5794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goat Clinic – June 16th, 9:30 to noon, Swine Barn at Fairgrounds. We’ll spend time learning fitting and showing skills and have a showmanship clinic along with a tack and show clothes swap.
- See Project Day Camps
- Pet Rock Adventures – June 1/8/15 – Dallas City Park Arboretum, K-3 grades, 3:30 to 5:00pm. Participants adopt a rock, take it on an adventure and write a book about it. Instructor: Linda Cobb [Supported by a 4-H Foundation Program Enhancement Grant]
- See Junior Master Gardener Day Camps
Older Youth Opportunities
- Counselor and Leadership Training to help with day camps, community events and Extension info booths. Jr. Master Gardener Camps – Dallas, June 18-20, Monmouth, June 25-27. Wild West Camp – July 16-21
- Summer Conference - June 27-30, OSU Campus, 7th to 12th grades. Registration out May 1 http://oregon.4h.oregonstate.edu/4h-summer-conference
Family Friendly Activities
- Bouncin’ Bottoms Open Schooling Horse Show, June 16th, sponsored by the Polk County 4-H Horse Leaders , Yamhill County Fairgrounds, McMinnville. Contact: Carol Harris, (503) 363-5667, cell= (503) 580-5476 or email@example.com
- 4-H Fair Clean-Up Day, July 27th morning crew – 10 to noon; afternoon crew – 5:30 to 7:30
- Pre-Fair Contest Day, July 31st, Polk County Fairgrounds, 4-H Building
- Japanese Exchange program – host a Japanese Exchange Student for a month this summer. Contact: Debbie McBeth, 503-623-5578
- Family Fun Night at the Polk County Fairgrounds – watch for upcoming dates