Join 4-H

Join 4-H

Congratulations!  Your family is joining one of the largest educational youth organizations in the United States.  4-H is truly a family program.  While the educational experience of 4-H is designed for youth, adult involvement is a key to their success.  Adult volunteers will support and keep your child interested, enthusiastic, and active.  Ask your friends and family to join 4-H with you!

My child is very busy with sports. Can they still do 4-H?

Some families have busy schedules and you may be wondering about adding an additional activity if you already feel like your family doesn’t have enough time to spend together.  4-H helps solve this problem by offering hundreds of projects and activities in which youth and their families can learn and grow together.  You can enroll in 4-H at any time of the year, but several 4-H events have participation and registration deadlines. We can help you fit 4-H in your life today!


Find out about the different 4-H clubs by talking to an adult leader or youth member at a 4-H event. Want to get started right away? Your first step is finding a club or asking an adult to start a new club.  Please contact the Extension office to be put on a 4-H Interest List, so the 4-H team can better assist with finding a club or project area you’ll enjoy. Our official 4-H year follows the school year and runs from October 1 - September 30, with many clubs having their first meeting in October.  

Read these Materials

After you find a Club

Please read/print the following documents prior to signing up for 4-H using Oregon 4-H Online. You will need an active email address in order to set up a profile.  Create a password that is easy to remember because you will use it often.  After you enroll online and pay your enrollment fees, you will receive a message from 4HOnline asking you to bring forms to your 4-H office.  You do not need to bring the following forms to the office, but instead give them to the main club leader at the next meeting.

Enrollment fees for 4-H - until January 31st, 2018

  • Fee for ages 9-19: 1 youth=$30, 2 youth=$60, 3 youth=$70, 4 youth=$80 (if under the same family name/residence)
  • Fee for ages 5-8 (Cloverbuds) is $2 each.  Enroll in Cloverbud project only.
  • Each Club should collect $2 per leader to cover their 4-H insurance.

Please give cash or check payable to OSU to the club treasurer at the next 4-H meeting.  A responsible adult will bring all enrollment fees to the Extension Office.

What are the steps to becoming a new 4-H volunteer leader?

Adults interested in starting a new club, becoming a project leader, or serving as a resource volunteer should contact the Jackson County Extension Office and sign up for the next available volunteer orientation.  Then fill out the application and criminal history check (which requires a copy of your driver’s license) and send it to the Extension Office. 

4-H Volunteer Application

Extension Volunteer Background Check - New to 4-H

Additional information: 

After your reference check and new orientation is complete, a 4-H staff member will follow up with the next steps in the volunteer enrollment process.  This includes an interest survey, online registration, and scheduling a phone interview.  Jackson County is a great place to grow and raise the future leaders of tomorrow.  We hope to meet you soon!

Volunteers Forms can be sent to:

Southern Oregon Research & Extension Center (SOREC)
RE: Jackson County 4-H Program/Volunteer Application
569 Hanley Road  Central Point, OR 97502

Already a volunteer?

Thank you!  We are so happy for your continued commitment to the 4-H program.  We cannot do this without you, so please follow this simple step.

Sign up using Oregon 4-H Online. You will need to use the email address and password that you used last year.  If you cannot remember your password don’t worry!  Enter your email address and select the link that says - I forgot my password – select Family as your role - then click Send My Password.  If you forgot the email address you used, call the 4-H office or email  Please do not create a new account. 

Extension Volunteer Background Check - Returning to 4-H

Questions about the volunteer process? 

Call the Extension office at 541-776-7371.

Share this