Forestry and Natural Resources Program
The Extension Forestry and Natural Resources program provides objective, research-based information and educational opportunities for woodland owners, foresters, contractors and other natural resource professionals, and public audiences. The goal of the program is to improve the stewardship of forest and watershed resources for social, economic and environmental benefits.
- November 21, The Field Application of Prescribed Underburning on Small Woodland Ownerships (field tour)
Attend programs about:
- Thinning & stand management
- Fire hazard reduction
- Land stewardship
- Ecological forestry and forest restoration
- Timber harvesting
- Streamside (riparian) management
- Tree care/insect & disease problems
- Youth Natural Resource Program
Max conducts applied research to provide new information to enhance the long term management of southern Oregon forests. He covers Jackson and Josephine Counties and contributes to statewide projects in collaboration with colleagues in other counties and on the OSU campus in Corvallis.
Max Bennett, Forestry Agent
Southern Oregon Research & Extension Center