- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Tillamook County Master Gardener Association
What is TCMGA?
Tillamook County Master Gardener Association (TCMGA) is a non-profit, educational organization that helps to promote the OSU Extension Service Master Gardener Program and provides opportunities for additional educational training throughout the year.
TCMGA is a countywide organization based in Tillamook County. Membership is open to anyone completing the Oregon State University Extension Service Master Gardener classes and residing in or about Tillamook County. The membership year begins January 1st and runs through December 31st.
TCMGA 2016 Garden Tour
Tillamook County Master Gardener Association (TCMGA) is pleased to announce that passports are now available for purchase for their self-guided 2016 Spade and Wade Garden Tour.The Tour is on July 16th, 2016, from 10AM-4PM.
The Garden Tour will include six beautiful gardens, local artists displaying and selling their art, and a Heritage Tree Trail. Individual passports are $18 and discount group tickets of 5 or more are $16 each.
Passports can be purchased at the Pioneer Museum, Hidden Acres Garden Center, Bear Creek Artichokes, the Pacific City ( June 12th, July10th) and Manzanita (June 24th) Farmer's Markets. They can also be purchased online at http://tcmga-gardentour.eventbrite.com.
Be sure to mark your calendars, purchase those passports
and join us for this special event!
Two local Garden Centers, one South and one North, border the garden tour. You will pick up your passport at the spot you designated when purchasing your ticket through Eventbrite. Both are partners with the Garden Tour and will offer opportunities for expresso, lunches, bathroom breaks & discounts.
Hidden Acres, 6760 South Prairie Rd, is 2 miles south of Tillamook and will be offering box lunch specials. Choose from the following three options:
- Twisted Turkey- Turkey, cream cheese, Russian dressing, pickled red onions & greens
- Jill's Roast Beef - Sourdough bread, spicy ketchup, mustard, Roast Beef, pickles, cheddar cheese & greens
- Taste of Nature - Avocado, tomato, Havarti cheese, hummus & greens
Please call them two days in advance to preorder your lunch from their Café Botanica. Hidden Acres will offer a 10% discount on all plants and their eclectic gift shop. 503-842-1197
Bear Creek Artichoke, 19175 Hwy 101 S., is located just North of Cloverdale. They offer home made everything - artichoke dips, hummus, sandwiches, sweets to die for! No need for pre-orders. Bear Creek will be offering a 10% discount in their garden room, and if you are coming from the South you can pick up your passport there. 503-398-5411
Both garden centers have gift shops and Bear Creek also has a large produce stand. Don't forget to bring some jingle in your pocket... Cards are accepted.
All garden tour owners along the tour welcome you to sit in their gardens and enjoy your lunch!
Special note: You might want to bring a cooler, lots of fresh produce and eggs will be available for purchase, as well as well cared for plants. We have just found out there is also a new business along your route that offers fresh local seafood. An opportunity to bring home lots of goodies!
- What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? Tour gardens are located along Hwy. 101 between Tillamook, OR and Beaver, OR. Ample parking is available at all 6 garden locations. This is a self-paced tour.
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions? Tillamook County Master Gardener Association via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is my passport transferrable? Yes
- What can/can't I bring to the event? Pets are not allowed in the gardens. No Smoking. Prepare for the weather.
TCMGA Activities & Resources