North Powder Outreach Project
Club Members Conduct Tasting Table
- 4-H club members voted on five favorite beverages in 4-H meetings.
- The 4-H club members used the USDA Smart Snacks Calculator to see if the beverages were compliant with the USDA Smart Snack criteria.
- The chosen beverages were used for the tasting table presented to fellow students at North Powder School District.
- The 4-H club members creatively developed promotional items for the tasting table and devised a tallying method for their classmates to vote on their favorite beverage.
- The 4-H club members used a sugar visual with sugar cubs to help their fellow classmates visualize the amount of sugar in soda, vitamin water, and energy drinks.
- For the voting system, the 4-H club members created a poster and sticker method. The student participants of the tasting table placed a sticker on the poster that corresponded to that student’s choice for the favorite beverage.
- The top three beverages will be included in the local store’s newly created “healthy snacking zone.”
OHSU Nursing Student
North Powder SNACZ Club Advisor - Spring Term 2015
SARAH ORR ADELYNN KLUNDBY
EMMA ORR LINDSEY BINGHAM
TRINITY NESSER RACHEL FREE
AMANDA HAZEN COLTON NORIS
ALYSA GRACE GUS MACK-SKEELS
SARRAH BERG FELICIA MURPHY
TIMOTHY CHRISTENSEN DALLEE BINGHAM