10507 N. Mc Alister Rd, Rm 9
La Grande, OR 97850
66501 End Rd
Summerville, OR 97876
- Spacious 3300 square foot lodge.
- Fully equipped kitchen and capacity to seat and service 150 - 175 guests.
- Lodge contains restrooms, showers and a nurses station. Handicapped accessible.
- Unheated cabins, ten with 12 bunks each and 2 handicapped accessible cabins with 10 bunks each.
- 240 acre site nestled under pines in the shadow of Mt. Emily.
- Amphitheater and campfire area.
- End Creek crosses the North end.
- Resident deer and elk herd.
- Access to mountain trails.
- Garbage service provided.
- Quiet serenity.
The "Mill 80" as the Blue Mtn. 4-H Center site was known as the homestead of E.C. Lindsay. In 1961, The Lindsay Estate Inc. established the site as a demonstration tree farm in cooperation with Boise Cascade and the Oregon State University Extension Service. Since that time it has been the site of numerous forest demonstrations and outdoor educational programs.
In 1967, Blue Mtn. 4-H Center Inc. secured a 50 year lease to the "Mill 80" and access to the adjacent 160 acres. In 1975 the 3,328 square foot lodge was constructed from donations of money, materials and labor. In 1981 the "Mill 80" property was deeded to the Blue Mtn. 4-H Center by the estate President, Steele Lindsay.
The "Mountain Grandma" Gail Vincent, willed one-half of her net estate to the 4-H Center in 1985. The ten cabins were built in her memory in 1987. Each cabin is named for a donor who contributed one half of the cost for construction.
Availability & Other Information
- Available May through October
- Scheduled after January 1, each year.
- Previous user priority.
- A non-profit organization.
- $120.00 (plus $100 refundable cleaning deposit) per day for lodge and grounds.
- $25.00 per night for cabins, one or all.
- Toilet paper, paper towels and garbage can liners provided.
How Do I Get There?
Take exit 261 off I-84 to La Grande. Turn right at stop sign onto Island Avenue. Go past Wal-Mart into Island City. Take a left at the light, cross railroad tracks and river bridge. The road will make a sharp curve, but turn left onto McAlister Road. McAlister Road turns into Hunter Road. Drive approximately 9 miles to End Road, turn left. Go approximately 50 yards and on the right you will see the Blue Mt. 4-H Center sign.