- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Community Service Opportunities
Volunteering is a great way to help out your community, meet new people, and gain valuable skills.
Do you have a volunteer opportunity that you would like added to the list? Let us know!
4-H Volunteer Opportunities
Opportunities in the Metro area
- Zoo Ambassador- for youth 10 and older- must attend May 20th or 22nd orientation. Filled for 2014.
- Washington County Cooperative Library Services is always looking for volunteers ages 10 and up assist with various library events, programs, and tasks.
- The Multnomah County library system is looking for Summer Reading volunteers who are entering grade 6 or higher.
- The World Forestry Center has opportunities for on-going and one-time events.
- Free Geek- Whether you want to learn, perform community service, get school credit, earn a computer or support the cause(s), Free Geek has room for you!
- Friends of Trees has opportunties almost every Saturday from October-April for volunteer tree planters.
Opportunities for groups
- Group Volunteering: The Oregon Zoo has landscaping (weeding, invasive plant removal, planting) projects for groups Tuesdays- Thursdays. This is a good opportunity for older youth, ages 12-18.
- SOLVE is always looking for individuals and groups to volunteer with plantings, cleanups, and restoration projects.
- Portland Parks and Recreation is always look for groups to take on monthly or quarterly stewardship of a natural area park.
- Adopt a Road or Landscape in Washington County
Websites to find Volunteer Opportunties
Hands On Greater Portland is a great online resource for finding volunteer opportunities. Their site has a whole section dedicated to opportunities for teens.