- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Natural Resources Camp 2017
Join us in 2017 as we explore the Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood!
- Campers will discover an array of career paths related to natural resource stewardship, revealing possibilities for their own futures. Through field trips and hands-on activities, campers will get an up-close look at the splendor of Oregon's natural resources.
Who Can Apply?
- Youth completing grades 9-12 in Multnomah County; preference will be given to those who participate in programs with Joe Ferguson, Sue House, Sandra Mueller, Alice Phillips, or Stacey Sowders.
- Space is limited to 16 campers. Not all who apply will be accepted.
- Camper applications will be reviewed by our camp committee, consisting of representatives from OSU, PNW Research Station, and the US Forest Service.
When? All dates are mandatory for campers.
- Camp: August 14-18
- Camp Celebration in Fairview: August 18
- August 14-16: Camping at Ainsworth State Park
- August 16-17: Camping at Milo McIver State Park
- Transportation will be provided by ICYI.
- ICYI Natural Resources Camp is offered FREE OF CHARGE! All costs are covered by the ICYI.