Natural Resources Camp 2015
Registration has closed for the 2015 camp. Stay tuned for news about the 2016 camp!
- Campers will discover an array of career paths related to natural resource stewardship, revealing possibilities for their own futures. Through field trips and hands-on activities, campers will get an up-close look at the splendor of Oregon's natural resources. This year, campers will explore the sand dunes in a giant dune buggy and discover the Pacific Ocean on a Marine Discoveries cruise.
Who Can Apply?
- Applications are due by May 15, 2015.
- Youth in grades 9-12 who live or attend school in Multnomah County.
- Preference will be given to those who participate in the Inner City Youth Institute (ICYI) program during the school year.
- Space is limited to 20 campers. Not all who apply will be accepted.
- Camper applications will be reviewed by our camp committee, consisting of representatives from OSU, PNW Research Station, Bureau of Land Management, and US Forest Service.
When? All dates are mandatory for campers.
- Orientation: June 16, 6-7 PM, PCC Southeast Campus
- Camp: June 22-26, OSU & Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park
- Camp Celebration: June 27, 1-3 PM, PCC Southeast Campus
- One night in the residence halls at OSU
- Three nights camping at Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park.
- Transportation will be provided by ICYI.
- ICYI Natural Resources Camp is offered FREE OF CHARGE! All costs are covered by the ICYI.