- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Development Trainings & Workshops
Experienced 4-H faculty and staff at Oregon State University Extension Service bring you the latest in research-based positive youth development training and educational workshops. 4-H training ensures volunteers are successful in providing exciting, engaging opportunities for young people to learn and grow. We also understand that high quality training is empowering and ensures both your professional and personal growth as a 4-H volunteer.
4-H faculty and staff provide training for 4-H volunteers as well as youth worker professionals and volunteers with other organizations. If you are interested in becoming a 4-H volunteer, please contact the 4-H office at 503-821-1119.
What to Expect at the Training:
4-H faculty will conduct a 2 1/2 hour hands-on training which will focus on:
- experiential learning
- developing, promoting and managing your youth program
- risk management for youth and adults
- components of positive youth development
- the mission, vision, and structure of the 4-H program
- volunteer opportunities within 4-H in Multnomah & Washington counties