- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
CPO 3 - Garden Home, Raleigh Hills, West Slope
Meets the third Thursday of the month at 7 pm
in the Garden Home Recreation Center at:
7475 SW Oleson Road, Portland OR
CPO 3 Meeting
Thursday, June 18, 7 pm
. . .
Welcome and Introductions
Approval of Previous Month’s Minutes
Public Safety Update - Reports from TVF&R and Sheriff’s Office
Aisha Panas, Director of Park & Recreation Services, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District, speaks about Hideaway Park.
Preventing Identity Theft
A very good presentation by Lee Blevins reminding us what we must do to protect our identity. Blevins is a Crime Prevention Specialist with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.
ANNEX, INCORPORATE, OR WHAT?
CPO 3 Now Has a Subcommittee on Governance
At the CPO 3 February 19th meeting, a motion was passed to form a Governance Subcommittee to study annexation, incorporation and the status quo, and what it could mean for CPO 3 in the future. This committee will collect and disseminate information to the CPO for a possible decision.
Some Good Resources
A number of CPO 3 meetings in the past year have been dedicated to this issue. CPO 3 resident Erich Breuner pulled together some statistics specific to CPO 3 and prepared an informative presentation. See Erich's presentation from the CPO 3 meeting in September 2014, Local Control, for more information regarding annexation or contact Erich directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 10, 6:30 pm / 4-Lot Subdivision at 7740 SW 72nd Avenue, Portland
The meeting will be held at THPRD Garden Home Recreation Centre, Room 10, 7475 SW Oleson Rd., Portland.
Public Hearings and Comment Periods
June 9, 8:30 am, Board of Commissioners Work Session / Recreational Marijuana
Work session will be held at 155 N First Ave., Rm 140, Hillsboro.
June 18, 9 am, Public Hearing / Mid Summit Heights No. 2 Subdivision
Hearing will be held in the Public Services Building Auditorium, 155 N First Ave., Hillsboro.
THPRD Provides Facilities for Escaping the Dangerous Heat
As a public service in response to forecasts of continuing hot temperatures this week, the Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District will offer six of its Beaverton-area facilities as cooling centers starting July 1st through July 5th.
For families and individuals who have no escape from the heat, THPRD welcomes them at the following locations:
- Cedar Hills Recreation Center, 11640 SW Park Way, Portland, 503-629-6340. Hours: 5:30 am-9:30 pm Wed.Thu., 8 am-4 pm on Fri., noon-6 pm on Sat., and 10 am-4 pm on Sun..
- Conestoga Recreation & Aquatic Center, 9985 SW 125th Avenue, Beaverton, 503-629-6313. Hours: 5:30 am-9:30 pm Wed.-Thu., 5:30 am-8:30 pm on Fri., 8 am-6 pm on Sat., and 9 am-6 pm on Sun.
- Elsie Stuhr Center, 5550 SW Hall Blvd, Beaverton, 503-629-6342. Hours: 7:30 am-5 pm Wed., 7:30 am-9 pm Thu., 9 am-5 pm Fri.-Sat. (closed Sun.).
- Garden Home Recreation Center, 7475 SW Oleson Road, Portland, 503-629-6341. Hours: 5:30 am-10 pm Wed.-Thu., 5:30 am-8:30 pm on Fri., closed Sat., and 9 am-4 pm on Sun.
- Tualatin Hills Athletic Center, 50 NW 158th, Beaverton, 503-629-6330. Hours: 6 am-10 pm Wed.-Fri., closed Sat., 10 am-10 pm on Sun.
- Tualatin Hills Nature Center, 15655 SW Millikan Way, Beaverton, 503-629-6350. Hours: 8:30 am-5 pm Wed.- Thu., 10 am-4 pm Fri.-Sat., 9 am-5 pm on Sun.
Southwest Corridor Plan Partners want to hear from you!
Do you live, work, or play in the SW part of the region? Southwest Corridor Plan partners needs to hear from you! Important decisions will be made in July about whether to continue studying underground tunnel alignments for future light rail or bus rapid transit in the area. Share your thoughts with the project team through an online interactive map tool and/or online survey before May 22.
In the SWCP Map Tool you can:
- Click on various map objects (points) throughout the corridor to learn more.
- Answers questions and share your ideas about what factors are most important for decision makers to consider.
Click for important information