- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
CPO 7 - Sunset West, Rock Creek, Bethany
CPO 7 general meetings are regularly held on the second Monday of every other month (7-8:30 pm, at the TVF&R Station 68 Community Room, 13545 NW Evergreen St., Portland.
CPO 7 Meetings
CPO 7 is changing its meeting schedule. Meetings are now held on the second Monday of the month.
General community meetings will be held in odd-numbered months. Steering Committee meetings will be held in even-numbered months.
Monday, November 9, 7pm
CPO 7 Steering Committee Elections
Nominations for upcoming year of 2016:
Officer positions will be determined by the newly elected Steering Committee at the December 14th Steering Committee meeting.
Washington County Road Improvement Funding Overview
Washington County representatives will provide an overview of County road improvement funding sources and how limited funding is prioritized. A brief Q&A will follow.
Saltzman Road Community Discussion
Now that the process is understood, what can the community do about Saltzman Road? Let’s talk history, what’s going on today, and how the community can move forward.
Wrap up, Announcements, Adjournment
CPO 7 Steering Committee
CPO 7 is recruiting volunteers for its Steering Committee; consider taking on a leadership role. It can be a rewarding experience!
CPO 7 Steering Committee officers work together to:
- Organize and hold CPO meetings which give people the opportunity to exchange information and concerns, and in some cases, develop strategies to address those concerns about our community.
- Lead efforts that keep community members informed of upcoming land use, transportation, and environmental projects.
- Provide forums that present both sides of an issue.
Taking on a CPO 7 leadership role gives you the opportunity to:
- Build connections by engaging with community leaders, elected officials and representatives from agency and district service providers.
- Grow your leadership skills through trainings and the experience of operating a citizen organization.
At this time the Chair and Vice Chair (Bethany) positions are vacant. Consider getting involved! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Beth St. Amand at email@example.com or 503-821-1114. Leadership training is provided.
Neighborhood Meeting - November 11, 7:30 pm
North Bethany Crest Townhomes and Apartments
Revised proposal for up to 125 town homes, 125-175 multi-family units on this 17-acre site (west of NW Kaiser and north of NW Brugger). Previously, this project received approval for 50 townhomes and 201 multi-family units (April 2015). Meeting will review the revised proposal. To be held at Fellowship Hall, 15505 NW Springville, Portland. NOTICE
Public Hearings and Comment Periods
Public Comment Period - Through November 6, 5 pm
Amberglen on the Park Apartments / Development Review 021-15
Development review of a three- and four-story multi-family apartment complex located in the Amberglen Plan District, 20150 NW Amberglen Ct. Proposed development will contain 276 units. Submit your comments by mail to: City of Hillsboro, 150 E Main St., Hillsboro, OR 97123. Reference Case File No. DR 021-15. NOTICE
Community Event: Provide Input
North Tualatin Mountains Natural Area / November 17, 6:30-8:30 pm. 11536 NW Skyline Blvd., Portland. Join Metro for this final community event to help shape the future of the North Tualatin Mountains Natural Area, including the preferred alternative and where new amenities, such as trails, parking, benches and viewpoints are proposed and provide input on the plans.
CPO 7 Successes of 2014
- CPO 7 successfully advocated for maintaining safe routes for kids and families to bike/walk to parks and schools.
- CPO 7 was instrumental in changing plans for Bethany Blvd. It will now stay three lanes and not five.
- CPO 7 partnered with developers, THPRD and the County to plan and implement updates to our parks and trails in North Bethany.
- CPO 7 worked with TriMet to establish direct bus routes for commuters and common sense locations for transit signage.
- CPO 7 collaborated with local groups, like Saltzman Solutions, for road safety.
Click for important information