- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
CPO 7 - Sunset West, Rock Creek, Bethany
CPO 7 general meetings are regularly held on the fourth Thursday of each month, 7-8:30 pm, at the TVF&R Station 68 Community Room, 13545 NW Evergreen St., Portland.
CPO 7 Meeting
Thursday, June 25, 7pm
(Governance Series has been postponed at this time.)
. . .
Come have a community conversation with your neighbors and CPO 7!
Drop in and say hello, and meet your CPO 7 Steering Committee*.
“It’s Your CPO” Audience Time
Have a question, concern, community issue or a suggestion for an agenda topic? Let us know!
What’s Going On in Our Community?
- Updates on neighborhood meetings, development status, other ongoing projects (schools, etc.)
- Community announcements
- Planning Session for Steering Committee: Future meeting topics and more.
*Who is the Steering Committee? We have a collective experience of close to 50 years of volunteering our time to improve Bethany and the surrounding neighborhoods, from transportation and safety improvements, to land use, and anything in between. We work with local agencies and other partners on solving problems and planning for the future.
Want to learn more?
Come drop in. We’re glad to hear from you, and share our local knowledge.
CPO 7 Steering Committee
The next CPO 7 Steering Committee meeting will be held in our regular location--Fire Station 68--beginning at 7 pm on Thursday, June 25th. All CPO 7 members are invited to attend to help plan our agenda.
CPO 7 is recruiting volunteers for its Steering Committee. Consider taking on a leadership role. It can be a rewarding experience!
CPO 7 Steering Committee officers work together to:
- Organize and hold CPO meetings which give people the opportunity to exchange information and concerns, and in some cases, develop strategies to address those concerns about our community.
- Lead efforts that keep community members informed of upcoming land use, transportation, and environmental projects.
- Provide forums that present both sides of an issue.
Taking on a CPO 7 leadership role gives you the opportunity to:
- Build connections by engaging with community leaders, elected officials and representatives from agency and district service providers.
- Grow your leadership skills through trainings and the experience of operating a citizen organization.
At this time the Chair and Vice Chair (Bethany) positions are vacant. Consider getting involved! Email email@example.com or contact Beth St. Amand at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-821-1114. Leadership training is provided.
May 6, 6:30 pm / Clean Water Services Bethany Creek Enhancement Project
Clean Water Services will review its proposed Bethany Creek Enhancement Project and the proposal to remove the P2 (pollution prevention) planned road connection east of Kaiser Road and north of Bethany Creek in North Bethany. The meeting will be held in the Bethany Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall, 15505 NW Springville Road, Portland.
July 16, 2 pm / North Bethany 4-Parcel Annexation
Metro Council is holding a public hearing in the Council Chambers, Metro Regional Services Building, 600 NE Grand Avenue, Portland.
Schedule of Bethany Governance Series topics for 2015:
Community Visioning and Public Involvement
Community and Neighborhood Planning
Transportation and Infrastructure
Arts, Culture and Place to Gather
Business and Economic Development
CPO 7 Successes of 2014
- CPO 7 successfully advocated for maintaining safe routes for kids and families to bike/walk to parks and schools.
- CPO 7 was instrumental in changing plans for Bethany Blvd. It will now stay three lanes and not five.
- CPO 7 partnered with developers, THPRD and the County to plan and implement updates to our parks and trails in North Bethany.
- CPO 7 worked with TriMet to establish direct bus routes for commuters and common sense locations for transit signage.
- CPO 7 collaborated with local groups, like Saltzman Solutions, for road safety.
Click for important information