- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
CPO 8 - North Plains, Helvetia, Mountaindale
Meets the second Monday of each month
at 7 pm in the North Plains Fire Station
31370 NW Commercial, North Plains.
CPO 8 Annual Meeting
Tuesday, November 10, 7pm
Meet your Washington County Commissioners Bob Terry and Greg Malinowski. The Commissioners will discuss current County activities and take questions.
. . .
Welcome and Introductions
Public Service Reports
Sheriff’s Deputy and Fire District 2
Meet Your Commissioners Bob Terry and Greg Malinowski
Commissioner district boundary maps were recently redrawn, and CPO 8 is now represented by two commissioners. Come and get acquainted! Following is a list of topics Commissioners Malinowski and Terry will discuss. Of course, you will have an opportunity to ask other questions as well.
History Spotlight: Ginny Mapes
Local historian and author Ginny Mapes will present a slideshow based on her recent book The Tualatins, which was made possible by a 2015 grant to the Helvetia Community Association from the Cultural Coalition of Washington County.
Summary and Adjournment
Your CPO needs you!
CPO 8 leadership has been held by interim leaders for the past year. If no citizen members come forward to take on roles to run CPO 8, the organization will be declared officially inactive in January 2015. Monthly CPO 8 newsletters will continue for the rest of 2014.
CPO leadership is a rewarding experience.
- Organize and hold CPO meetings which give people the opportunity to exhange information and concerns, and in some cases develop strategies to address those concerns about their community.
- Lead efforts to keep community members informed of upcoming land use, transportation, and environmental projects.
- Provide forums that present both sides of an issue.
- Build connections by engaging with community leaders, elected officials, and representatives from agency and district service providers.
- Are given the opportunity to build leadership skills through trainings and the experience of operating a citizen organization.
Find out more about the benefits of CPOs — including tools, resources, and leadership opportunities — as well as program basics. Interested? Contact Dan Schauer: 503-821-1123 or email@example.com
Click for important information