- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
CPO 8 - North Plains, Helvetia, Mountaindale
CPO 8 tentatively planning to meet May 23, 2016
A CPO 8 team of volunteer members held a planning session on April 11 to develop the agenda for a CPO 8 general meeting, tentatively scheduled for May 23. A room in North Plains is being requested-watch for a meeting notice to come.
Pat Wolter, CPO 8 Member, email@example.com
Dan Schauer, CPO Program Coordinator, 503-821-1123, firstname.lastname@example.org
November 2015 meeting
CPO 8 volunteers compiled these background papers on the topics addressed at an Annual Meeting for 2015, held November 10, attended by more than 30 people. County Commissioners Bob Terry and Greg Malinowski participated (agenda here).
Links to topics:
- Rural and Agri-tourism
- Urban and Rural Reserves
- Civic Engagement
- Washington County Transportation Futures
CPO 8 also was given a slideshow presentation by Ginny Mapes on her recent book, The Tualatins, which was made possible by a 2015 grant to the Helvetia Community Association from the Cultural Coalition of Washington County.
Your CPO needs you!
CPO 8 leadership is not currently formally elected, but interim volunteers are organizing the group. CPO 8 members need to take on official roles to run CPO 8 by the end of 2016 for the organization to remain inactive in 2017.
CPO leadership is a rewarding experience.
- Organize and hold CPO meetings which give people the opportunity to exhange information and concerns, and in some cases develop strategies to address those concerns about their community.
- Lead efforts to keep community members informed of upcoming land use, transportation, and environmental projects.
- Provide forums that present both sides of an issue.
- Build connections by engaging with community leaders, elected officials, and representatives from agency and district service providers.
- Are given the opportunity to build leadership skills through trainings and the experience of operating a citizen organization.
Find out more about the ways you can serve your CPO — including tools, resources, and leadership opportunities — as well as program basics. Interested? Contact Dan Schauer: 503-821-1123 or email@example.com
Click for important information