- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
New CCI Communications Committee is forming!
Calling All Active, Engaged Citizens:
Help improve citizen-government communications in Washington County
Are you a natural problem solver who cares about citizen involvement in government? Would you like to help us improve communications through both new and traditional technologies? Are you a member of a community that would like more access to information?
The Washington County Committee for Citizen Involvement (CCI), on behalf of the County’s Citizen Participation Organizations (CPOs), is forming a new committee to improve access to the information necessary to participate effectively in local government. We are looking for 6-8 citizens to join the CCI Communications Committee, which includes staff members from the County and the CPO Program.
Committee focus: Effective public participation depends on access to information, and the digital age presents a host of new possibilities and questions. This committee will examine issues, develop and review ideas, and give suggestions for improvements for:
- the CPO newsletters and communications, as well as County publications;
- surveys on preferences of community members;
- how the County makes information available electronically;
- other topics to be developed.
Backgrounds and experiences sought for the committee’s citizen members: Washington County residents are sought.
- History of being active in public participation with local government preferred but not required
- Commitment to information and communication that helps improve communities and government
- Media or communications experience optional
- Members of diverse communities and cultures, including non-native English speakers
- High school or college students interested in communications, government, and/or community-based organizations (youth are citizens, too!)
Meetings: Monthly meetings are envisioned at the Washington County Public Services Building, 155 North First Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124, in downtown Hillsboro. Our location is well-served by TriMet.
To get involved: Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you’d like to serve on this committee using this questionnaire, www.surveymonkey.com/s/CommunicationsCommittee. You can also request a copy of the questionnaire by email, or you can schedule an interview to submit your information. After responding to the questionnaire, please contact Dan Schauer, CPO Program Coordinator, by phone at 503-821-1123 or e-mail email@example.com.