Meets the second Monday of each month
at 7 pm in the North Plains Fire Station
31370 NW Commercial, North Plains.
CPO 8 does not have a meeting scheduled for October.
Your CPO needs you!
CPO 8 leadership has been held by interim leaders for the past year. If no citizen members come forward to take on roles to run CPO 8, the organization will be declared officially inactive in January 2015. Monthly CPO 8 newsletters will continue for the rest of 2014.
CPO leadership is a rewarding experience.
- Organize and hold CPO meetings which give people the opportunity to exhange information and concerns, and in some cases develop strategies to address those concerns about their community.
- Lead efforts to keep community members informed of upcoming land use, transportation, and environmental projects.
- Provide forums that present both sides of an issue.
- Build connections by engaging with community leaders, elected officials, and representatives from agency and district service providers.
- Are given the opportunity to build leadership skills through trainings and the experience of operating a citizen organization.
If you are considering getting involved, a CPO Volunteer Orientation is being planned for September.
Find out more about the benefits of CPOs — including tools, resources, and leadership opportunities — as well as program basics. Interested? Contact Dan Schauer: 503-821-1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CPO 8 is now accepting nominations for Steering
The CPO 8 Steering Committee is looking for volunteers interested in taking on leading roles in your
CPO so it continues to provide opportunities to make a difference. Interested in serving your community
and being mentored by others with years of experience? For more information, contact the CPO Program Coordinator Dan Schauer at email@example.com
Assistive Listening Device accommodations will be made at CPO 8 meetings if notice is received at least 3 days in advance. To reserve equipment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-821-1123.
Click for important information