1. Select the Create Content link on your left sidebar.
2. Click on the type of content you want to create. In this case, click Page.
3. Enter the title of the page in the Title box.
4. Adjust the Menu Settings to place the new page in the correct location in your website. (Follow these instructions to place the new page in your site's sidebar navigation.)
a. Click the orange Menu Settings link to open that section.
b. This is where you will control what will appear (or not appear) in your navigation sidebar for this page. Enter your menu link's title in the given box (what do you want the sidebar to say to bring people to this page?)
c. Next, select what the Parent Item will be from the drop-down menu. Selecting Site Sections will present the page as a main sidebar item. Choosing another page that has already been created as a parent item will designate this page as a 'sub-page' of that previously created page. This sub-page would also be known as a child page (or children of the parent page item).
d. Weight (optional): You can weight your page to appear above or below other pages in that section of the menu. Lighter weight pages (weighted less than 0) will rise above heavier weighted pages (greater than 0). The lightest weight you can assign to a page is -50 (so it will always appear at the top of the menu) and the heaviest page is (+50) which would appear at the bottom of the menu.
5. Enter your content into the Body textbox. You can copy content from another document or create new content.
6. The following are optional settings. It is recommended not to change the default settings, unless you are sure that it is necessary. Click on each link to open that section.
7. After you have finished, be sure to click Save at the bottom of the page. This will publish your page, unless you have changed the Publishing Options above.
Return to Quick Reference Guide Index