Setup a Revolving Slideshow and/or a Photo Gallery
4.5 Set up a revolving slide show and/or a photo gallery
CREATE A NEW PHOTO GALLERY
- Click “Create Content” in your left hand sidebar.
- Select “Gallery.”
- Name your photo gallery in the “Title” field.
- If you are putting this gallery together for use as a slideshow, then you will need to designate which page you want the slideshow to display on under the “Page to include slideshow” drop-down menu. This drop-down menu is right underneath the “Description” box.
- Now, you can begin to upload the photos that will be a part of your new photo gallery page and/or slideshow. You can reorder these pictures after they are uploaded by using the crosshair to the left of the image and dragging it up or down to the desired location within the list of images.
- If you do not want this to show in your sidebar, move on to step #7 below.
- If you want this to gallery to be a selection in your navigation sidebar, you will need to name the gallery again in the “Menu link title” field and select where you would like it fall (whether you want it to be a secondary menu item underneath a main menu item, or what-have-you). See screenshot in step 4 for visual representation.
- Select “Publishing options” at the bottom of the page and check the “Published” box, if it is not already checked.
- Click “Save”.
EDIT AN EXISTING PHOTO GALLERY
- Make sure you are logged into your website.
- Visit this URL: http://extension.oregonstate.edu/[COUNTY NAME HERE]/gallery/
- Select the appropriate gallery you wish to edit.
- Once you’re in the gallery, click the “edit” tab at the top of the page (just as you would do if you were editing any other page on a Drupal site).
- From this screen, you can delete images that are already in your slideshow gallery, add captions, add more photos, and reorder the photos.
- To reorder the photos, click and hold the crosshairs next to the image and drag it to the location position you would like it to be.
- To add new photos, click the “Add another item” button at the bottom of the list of photos.
- Then click the “Choose File” button. You will now be in your computer and can browse to the location on your computer where you have the image(s) saved that you would like to upload. Select the image and then click “Open” to insert that photo into the gallery.
- You must click the “Upload” button next to a photo after you have selected it from your computer before it will actually appear within the slideshow (and of course, you must save the page after you are finished editing).
- Note that only one image can be uploaded at a time, but multiple images can be uploaded before saving the actual page. However, do not go more than an hour in between saves, or the Drupal system will log you out and you will have to start over.
- To remove a photo, within the gallery, simple click the “Remove” button that appears next to the undesired image.
- After all desired revisions have been made to your gallery, be sure to click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page, per usual page editing protocol.
Return to Quick Reference Guide Index