Embedding Media File
5.1 Embedding a Media File from your Computer
Note: You can insert a Flash, Quicktime, Shockwave, Windows Media, or Real Media file.
1. Open a page in Edit view and place your insertion point at the location that you want the video to appear.
2. In the text editor, click the Insert/Edit Embedded Media button (looks like a filmstrip). This will open the Insert/Edit Embedded Media dialog box.
3. From the Insert/Edit Embedded Media dialog box:
a. Click the Browse button.
b. If you file is already loaded into the file browser, locate it in the list, select it, and click the Send to Tinymce button.
c. If your file is on your computer, you must upload it to the file browser.
Click the Upload button.
Click the Browse button and locate the desired file on your computer.
Click the Upload button to the right of the Browse button.
The file will now appear in the list. Be sure it is selected and then click the Send to Tinymce button.
Add a check next to Constrain Proportions and then set the dimensions, as desired.
5. Click Insert.
6. The embedded video will appear as a blank box in the text editor. Make any additions to the page (i.e. text, alignment, etc.) at this time.
7. Click Preview to view the page and see the video. Then click Save.
Return to Quick Reference Guide Index