- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H is a community of youth who are developing confidence, competence, character, compassion and connection. 4-H helps create successful kids, which, in turn, helps create better communities. Research shows that 4-H develops youth who are leaders, contribute to their communities and are civically engaged.
According to the 4-H Study of Positive Youth Development:
- Involvement in 4-H reduces the likelihood that young people will engage in risk behaviors, such as underage drinking, smoking, bullying, etc.
- Youth involved in 4-H clubs are 41 percent more likely to contribute to themselves, their families and their communities, compared to youth in other activities (28 percent) or no activities at all (17 percent).
- Youth in 4-H programs are more likely to be civically engaged than other youth. Civically engaged youth are more inclined to volunteer; participate in school and community activities; speak against inequality and social injustice.
Donate to Yamhill County 4-H
Although the Yamhill County 4-H Program is coordianted by two full time 4-H staff members and carryout by 130+ volunteers, most of the operating expenses associated with 4-H events and recognition is entirely funded through generous community partners. Donations are always accepted to the "Yamhill County 4-H Leaders Association", which is a non-profit 501c3 organization. Your donation can help:
- Provide funding for operation costs such as fair judges, tax accountants, camp & conference scholarships, volunteer leader training and appreciation events, and annual 4-H member recognitiion programs.
- Grow and expand 4-H programs to reach more youth with diverse interests
- Acquire funds for equipment necessary for County Fair-such as livestock panels, cages, etc.
- Support outreach efforts for 4-H to serve youth in afterschool science and technology programs.
Your tax deductible donations can be dropped off or mail to the:
OSU Extension Office - Yamhill County
2050 Lafayette Avenue
McMinnville, OR 97128
Large gifts should be made directly to the Oregn State University 4-H Foundation in care of the Yamhill County 4-H Program.