- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Home Gardening for the Public
Learn more about gardening with OSU Extension
How can I become a Master Gardener?
- Master Gardeners are OSU trained volunteers who contribute their knowledge and skills to the local community. The training program is open to the Yamhill County public.
- Training is available at the Yamhill County Extension office in McMinnville or can be taken online through OSU. Trainees who take the online course can volunteer in Yamhill County after completing the course.
- Training at the Yamhill County office is an 11 week course beginning the first week in January and ending in March. Classes are on Thursdays from 9am - 4pm. Only one training is offered each year.
- Interested? Complete an application, call 503-434-7517 or come into the office to pick up an application form (available in September).
Do you have a gardening question?
- You can contact our Yamhill County Master Gardeners by phone at 503-434-8918 or by email at email@example.com
- Bring us samples to identify and/or diagnose
- Send pictures of your problem plant to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring us some of your garden soil to test for pH
- Tap into statewide Master Gardener know-how online through Ask an Expert
- Look into Extension's online publications catalog or check out some of our most popular and useful gardening publications.
Our location is 2050 NE Lafayette Ave. in McMinnville. (Just south of the Yamhill County Fairgrounds and across Lafayette Ave. from Wortman Park)