Open Up To Performing Art
Oregon City, OR 97045
Sept 26 evening (Drama, Oregon City)
Oct 5 afternoon (Opera, Hillsboro)
Oct 11 evening (Orchestra, Tigard)
Oct 17 evening (Broadway Show, Portland)
Oct 24 7-9 pm Club Meeting
Explore the world of performing art in the 4-H Open Up to Performing Arts Program. Youth ages 12-18 are invited to gather, experience performances in a new way, share their insights, and learn from others’ perspectives.
This short-term club will have 6 sessions in September and October. Participants will:
- Attend 4 live performances (included in the registration fee)
- Learn a framework for appreciating the Performing Arts
- Engage in hands-on activities
- Participate in club discussions
- Discover personal value from and an emotional connection with the Arts
Meetings will be in the Oregon City area. Carpooling to performances will be from Oregon City. The tentative performances are:
- Queens Girl in the World – Clackamas Repertory Theater
- La Boheme – Portland Opera To Go
- Concierto Sureño - Camerata PYP
- West Side Story – Stumptown Stages
Parents are not required to attend, but are welcome to stay at the club meetings. Extra tickets may be available for some performances.
Scholarships available for youth who qualify for free/reduced lunch! Register by September 18. Maximum club size of 25 - acceptance is based on date of complete registration.
1) If you already have an Ideal-Logic account for OSU Extension, sign in to it. If not, you can choose to create a new login with Ideal-Logic or you can choose to use the login for another program (such as Google or Facebook).
2) If you are a new user, set up a profile. This should be created in the name of the PARENT/GUARDIAN. Dependent children can be added to the account after the adult's profile is complete.
3) You should be in a New Registration screen for the Open Up To Performing Art program. If you are not on that screen, find the Catalog button on the top of the screen and scroll to find the correct program.
4) Work through the registration tabs. You have the option to save and finish later. The program will prompt you if any required information is missing.
5) The last step is payment with a credit card. If you are requesting a scholarship, fill out and save the registration but wait to pay until your balance has been adjusted.
6) Click Submit after entering your payment information. You will get a confirmation email form the system.