Mar 4 - Apr 7, 2021
All classes 4-5pm
Thu, March 4 - Introduction to the Oregon 4-H Photography Contest
Wed, March 10 - Landscapes: Our Beautiful World
Tue, March 16 - Animals: Those Amazing Creatures
Mon, March 22 - Capturing the Beauty of Plants
Mon, March 29 - People and Portraits
Wed, April 7 - Preparing Your Photography to Exhibit
Photos must be received by the instructor in the week following that skills class.
Want to learn how to take amazing photos? Learn tips, tricks, and techniques in these free, online, one-hour classes!
Registration is open for the 4-H Photography Skills Trainings. The sessions will help youth learn tips, tricks and techniques to take an outstanding photo. Participants are to put their learning into effect immediately and send a photo taken using their acquired skills to the instructor for feedback. Photos must be received by the instructor in the week following that skills class.
All sessions are based on the Oregon 4-H Fair entry classes. Register only for the class(es) of interest.
Sign up for one or all of the following subjects offered:
- Introduction to the Oregon 4-H Photography Project - Learn about the 4-H photography project including the various fair classes for photo entry and the evaluation process..
- Our Beautiful World; taking landscape photos - Great landscape photos make the viewer feel they are there. Learn how to capture those in-the-moment photos with composition and lighting in mind.
- All those Amazing Creatures; taking photos of animals - Animals are a popular subject for photos. Learn the tips and techniques you can use to get a great photo of your photogenic animal friend.
- Capturing the Beauty of Plants - We are surrounded by amazing plants. This class will help you learn how to capture their beauty so viewers can see what your eyes saw.
- People and Portraits - Capturing people in a flattering photo can be a challenge. Whether it be a spur of the moment photo or a planned portrait, this class shares tips to help create that endearing photo.
- Preparing your Photo for Exhibit - You took a great photo, now how do you prepare it for exhibit at the fair or other exhibition.
Class sizes are limited, so sign up today!
- All classes are free.
- All classes are via Zoom and from 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Class size is limited. Register only for the classes you are committed to attending.
Contact Lynette Black with any questions.