201 Liberty Street
Salem, OR 97301
Mar 28 2:00 pm - Mar 31, 2023 2:00 pm
"What would our communities and nation look like if young people were fully engaged as partners in decisions that affect them... ?"
Youth Voices in Action / Outreach Leadership Institute ll
Be where the action is! Join youth from across the state to share ideas and create solutions for real issues that affect your communities. 4-H Youth Voices in Action/OLII Conference will take place March 28-31 2023.
As a participant in the conference you will:
- Learn valuable skills in advocating for things that matter to you
- Make valuable connections with government officials and others
- Learn about our state government and how decisions are made
- Attend workshops to prepare you for jobs, communicating with peers & adults and advocating for what really matters to you
- Polish your leadership skills and learn how to be involved in your community
- Build lasting friendships with youth from across the state
Grades: 8th - 12th
Registration is only $175 if you register by Feb 16 (early birds)
$200 after February 16.
Registration deadline is March 8.
For more information contact your 4-H County Extension staff or:
Carole Smith: [email protected] Phone: 541-963-1010
Mario Magaña A. [email protected] Phone: 541-737-0925
Jaime Guillén: [email protected] Phone: 541-737-4660
- Download the flier
- Poster YVA
- Workshop Descriptions
- Presentor Bios
- Katy Zollner Memorial Scholarship due 2/10/2023
- Check with your county regarding availability of other scholarships
- Newspaper & radio
- Follow us on Facebook
- Facilitator Application
- Registration Instructions
- Highlights photos of Youth Voices in Action
If you have already registered using our new online registration system (e.g. Summer Conference), all you will have to do is enter the email address and password that you used to register before. You will then be taken to the screen where you can select "New Registration"
If this is your first time using the new online registration, you will first have to set up an account. You will need to enter your name, email address, password and answer two security questions. You will then be taken to the "New Registration" page. Record this information for future registrations. Once you have an account, all you will need to do is log in with the email and password you set up the account with. You will be able to register much quicker, so write down that information and keep it in a safe place.