Joining 4-H opens countless doors for youth to learn new skills, build relationships, grow into leaders, better their communities, and prepare for college and careers. Here are just some of the opportunities available to youth in Jackson County 4-H:
2021 PRESENTATION CONTEST
Saturday, February 27, 9:00am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 4:30pm
Location: Remote – Via Zoom
This contest is a great way to break into the world of digital media, broadcast journalism and public speaking. If you are participating in the Spring Classic, we encourage you to get some feedback from this contest before competing at the state level. New this year is the Interview Class!! Communication project resources can be found at: https://extension.oregonstate.edu/4h/communication-projects
Classes include: Demonstrations & Illustrated Talks, Public Speech, Impromptu Speech, Performing Arts, Interview (county only class). There are individual and team categories.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/Mtkyve8acZTkW5vV6
Deadline: February 23, 2021
Awards Ceremony: TBD
Coordinator: Wylie Brown, at email@example.com ; 541-890-8363
Youth Voices in Action Leadership Conference
March 23 – 25, 2021, 10 am – 3:30 pm, Zoom (yes, there will be breaks)
Leadership Skill Development is Accessible to All – No need to leave home!
Deadline to register: March 1. Cost is free to Jackson County Members due to a generous donation made by Table Rock Marketing. Please call the Extension office or text Lena for the award code needed during registration.
Be where the action is! Join youth from across the state to share ideas and create solutions for real issues that affect your communities. 4-H Youth Voices in Action/OLI Conference will take place March 23, 24 & 25, 2021 from 10 am – 3:30 pm. We may be virtual this year but youth will be guaranteed to have fun, meet other teens from across the state and learn how to take action about issues that concern you.
This year we will have some outstanding presenters:
- Conor Hand – our keynote speaker from Washington DC has worked on political campaigns for high level politicians
- Attend daily workshops to learn skills on sharing your voice, starting your own business and understanding equity & inclusion at a new level
- Be entertained by our own OSU Puppeteer who will share his skills and knowledge
As a participant in the conference you will:
- Learn valuable skills in advocating for things that matter to you
- Make valuable connections with government officials and others
- Learn about our state government and how decisions are made
- Attend workshops to prepare you for jobs, interviewing skills, communicating with peers & adults, and advocating for what really matters to you
- Polish your leadership skills and learn how to be involved in your community
- Build lasting friendships with youth from across the state
Register now by going to https://extension.oregonstate.edu/4h/youth-voices-action
For more information contact:
- Carole Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 541-963-1010
- Jaime Guillén: email@example.com Phone: 541-737-4660
- Lena Hosking: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 541-727-4237
- Jackie Freeman: Jackie.email@example.com