Volunteers | Voluntarios
Una relación de apoyo y cuidado con un adulto es un componente crítico del Programa de Desarrollo de Jóvenes 4-H (4-H Youth Development). Los jóvenes de 4-H prosperan por gente como tú.
Volunteering is the act of giving your time and services to another person or organization without the expectation of monetary reward.
We would like to thank you for your past important contribution, support and time providing your volunteer service with the Oregon 4-H Outreach Program. Your support benefited the young men and women who participated in the 4-H youth development opportunities and college preparation programs. Positive actions such as yours, truly make a difference in our children and youth’s lives. Your kind gesture meant a lot to 4-H but specially to the families that we serve; because they learn a lot from your knowledge, skills, contribution and support during their participation in 4-H.
As a result of COVID-19 pandemic, 4-H is INNOVATING! We are happy to share with you the next exciting activities that are coming very soon for 3rd to 12th grade students that will take place online via Zoom. For the 3rd to 12th graders, we will provide tutoring services and weekly meeting to check on their progress, to find out what are their main needs and how 4-H can or is helping them. During the meetings, we will also have speakers to motivate and inform the participants how to continue a post-secondary education, provide information about college preparation, financial aid, and resources related to COVID-19.
For the 9th to 12th graders, we will provide tutoring trainings and they will serve as tutors for the 3rd to 8th graders. We will solo provide tutors for the 9th to 12th graders as needed.
To accomplish our goals, we need your help? We need tutors for Math, Science, History, Reading, Writing and other subjects that will be identify in weekly meetings that we are conducting in Zoom with parents and their children. If you are interested in been a tutor for a 3rd to 12th grader, we are asking tutors to register online to give us more information about you, your subject of interest and the age of the students you want to tutor. Please be patient with the registration process because we will need you to complete a History Background Check. This documentation is required by the state of Oregon, Oregon State University and 4-H for all volunteers working with minors. To register as a tutor or adult volunteer for other activities, please register in this link: REGISTER HERE
These are some of our objectives and outcomes that we are hoping to achieve among our LatinX community:
- Increase knowledge and skills to help students succeed in school and get good grades
- Reduce high school dropout rates
- Create a postsecondary education awareness
- Increasing high school and college graduation rates
- Inform the Latinx community because a well-educated society creates greater positive impact on communities and increases quality of life
- Increase civic engagement serving as tutors for younger youth
- Provide information and support for financial stability
- Provide information about special college enrollment programs for underserved populations like, CAMP and EOP
- Provide resources and information about COVID19 for healthy communities
- Create self-sufficient and contributing citizens among the LatinX communities
- Decrease depression, crime, poverty, teen pregnancies, unemployment, suicide, etc.
These are difficult times for the families that we serve. Please continue supporting our efforts, projects, and activities to make a difference in a child’s life. Once again, thank you very much for your time and support to reach our children and youth in Oregon. We are looking forward working with you and our LatinX families in Oregon.