Become a 4-H member!
We welcome all youth who are age 5-19 (must not yet be graduated). Ages are as of September 1st. Contact the 4-H office by calling 541-296-5495 to let us know what projects you are interested in and we will hook you up with a club!
Enroll Online or via paper Forms
Packet of Enrollment forms to print, complete, and return OR enroll electronically and pay online!
To pay for your enrollment, go to the Wasco "Store" link listed in the guidelines.
Be a 4-H Volunteer!
If you are already a 4-H Volunteer and wish to enroll, online or click here for re-enrollment forms.
If you are wanting to become a new volunteer:
We welcome adults to become volunteers in our program. Volunteers go through training and screening to become 4-H leaders. There are several types of 4-H leaders:
Club Leaders are mentors who oversee a group of young people learning about one or more topic areas.
Assistant/Project Leaders help with a club, perhaps by leading a particular project area or completing an organizational task.
Resource Leaders are not affiliated with a particular club, but they might provide technical assistance to several clubs or plan countywide activities.
All adult volunteers must go through our screening process and attend trainings. The application includes
- Volunteer Screening & Education Process and Application (2-sided)
- Background Release form - Please note: Also include a photo copy of your official ID with your release form. The Background Release Form need to be returned to us in a sealed envelope marked "Confidential.
- Form for Personal References (three needed) - We will send this form to your references. Please provide complete contact information for three people who are not related to you.
- Volunteer Enrollment forms
- Acknowledgement of Risk and Waiver of Liability form
- 4-H Code of Ethics form
All materials and training are provided free of charge to volunteer leaders in recognition of their contributions to the program. You may begin your club meetings as soon as you receive confirmation that your application has been processed and you officially enroll in the county 4-H program.
Contact the Wasco County Extension Office at 541-296-5494 for an application or for questions about becoming a leader.