Extension Citizen Advisory Network
ECAN's purpose is to provide a network of geographically diverse, multi-dimensional volunteers who are willing to advocate and coordinate local advocacy on behalf of the OSU Extension Service, and to provide and coordinate local advice and counsel to the Vice Provost of University Outreach & Engagement & Director of the OSU Extension Service regarding current and future direction for the Extension programs.
The volunteer membership is comprised of one volunteer from each of the Oregon counties and one from the Warm Springs Confederated Tribes, and up to eight at large members and two county commissioners (one East, one West)
- March 17, 2019 ECAN Meeting, Salem
- March 18, 2019 OSU Statewide Public Services Day at the Capitol, Salem
OSU Statewide Public Value Impacts
Building Meaningful Relationships with Your Legislators
- Sign up for your legislator's newsletter
- Schedule a meeting
- Ask for and/or thank them for their support at town hall meetings
- Write letters of support
- Testify at local and state committee meetings
Legislative and Executive Branch Resources:
- Oregon State Legislature
- Regional Solutions Teams Regional Solutions is a collaborative approach to community and economic development. The state, in partnership with Oregon colleges and universities, established Regional Solutions Centers throughout Oregon. Each take a bottom-up approach to development projects -- working at the local level to identify priorities, solve problems, and seize opportunities to complete projects. These centers integrate state agency work and funding to ensure that projects are completed in the most economical and streamlined process possible.