Who we are
Oregon State University Extension is the go-to resource for the expertise and knowledge every Oregonian needs to live healthy lives, nurture our great state’s ecosystems, and play a vital role in Oregon’s vibrant communities.
The Oregon State University Extension Service engages the people of Oregon with research-based knowledge and education that strengthen communities and economies, sustain natural resources, and promote healthy families and individuals.
- Community-based: We value community relationships and connect OSU to local people and issues to enhance the present and the future of the people and communities of Oregon.
- Accountability: We focus on achieving measurable outcomes, and document and communicate the impact and value of our work.
- Credibility: We deliver relevant, research-based knowledge through our educational programs.
- Diversity: We exhibit respect, value differing perceptions and world views, and encourage diversity.
- Partnerships: We collaborate with academic, public, and private partners to achieve greater results and build community capacity. We value the public good that comes from collaborating with volunteers.
- Responsiveness: We engage with community partners and learners to identify priority issues and needs, to design timely responses, and to build future capability.