Homeless in Metro area, what are my options?


We do not have an Expert that deals directly with housing issues, but I recommend you contact the Clackamas County Housing Assistance Office (503-650-5750). The County has a Rent Well program that helps people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness find and keep housing. Participants attend a 15-hour training program over six weeks designed to provide tools to address rental screening barriers, such as evictions, poor credit, and criminal history, to obtain permanent, affordable housing. Upon completion, participants receive a Rent Well Graduation Certificate that is recognized by many landlords. Call 503-650-5647 for more information about the Rent Well program.

You can also try the Clackamas County Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) office. ADRC is designed to streamline access to information and resources about long-term supports and services in the community. Contact the Clackamas County ADRC to speak with a certified Information and Referral Specialist at 503-650-5622. Please note, there is no charge for this service. Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Finally, Oregon 211 is a guide to health and social services in Oregon and Southwest Washington. When you provide 211 with your exact location in Clackamas County they can give you information about local resources in your area. You can contact them by dialing 211 toll free, or text your zip code to 898211, or email [email protected].

I hope one of these agencies can help you with your questions and that you find housing in Clackamas County.

Was this page helpful?

Related Content from OSU Extension

Ask an Expert

Have a question? Ask an Expert!

Ask an Expert is a way for you to get answers from the Oregon State University Extension Service. We have experts in family and health, community development, food and agriculture, coastal issues, forestry, programs for young people, and gardening.