- REGISTRATION FOR THIS YEAR'S WORKSHOP IS NOW CLOSED!!!
- WE ARE FULL!
- Licensure is good for three years. After three years, all instructors must be recertified.
- Training is on-site in Corvallis, Oregon at the LBCC Benton Center
- Training Date: September 13 &14th, 2018.
- Training includes all BBB curriculum, an exercise flipbook, cotton t-shirt, BBB DVD, catered lunch, snacks and refreshments.
- Full Refunds up to 2 weeks prior to the training date. 50% refund up to 2 days before.
You can find MORE answers here....
What Is the Better Bones & Balance® Instructor Training Course?
A two-day training that includes a team of scientists, administrators, and fitness professionals from OSU and beyond. We love sharing the latest research and information about exercise programming, to promote skeletal health. Once you've completed the training course, we provide marketing materials to help you begin teaching or developing a BBB program in your area.
Material is presented in both lectures and by practical hands-on experience over the two day training period.
Lecture topics include:
- ABC’s of a Fitness Class (programming and leadership)
- Introduction & Overview of Better Bones & Balance®
- Research Review on Bone Health/Osteoporosis including the effects of targeted exercise on falls and fracture
- Aging and Physical Activity (concepts and concerns)
Practical portions of the training includes:
- Participation in an exercise class led by a Certified BBB instructor
- Hands on small group learning and practice of the BBB 5 Key Exercises
- Observation of a community-based BBB class including a wide array of class participant skill levels (beginner to advanced) and ages (50-90)
- A hands-on practical session about how to integrate balance training with the key BBB exercise
Successful written and practical exams concluded the training
Do you have to recertify as a Better Bones & Balance® Instructor?
Upon successful completion of your certification, you will become a licensed and certified Better Bones & Balance® instructor. Licensing fees are required (currently $50 for non-profit and $125 for individual or personal licensure). Certification is good for three (3) years. After this time, you will need to recertify by completing continuing education and documenting your teaching experience.
There are two ways to recertify:
- Follow the steps detailed on the BB&B Licensing Re-certification Application and attach the relevant documentation. Please note that you will need to show documentation for 8 CEUs (6 general fitness and 2 skeletal health and/or fall/fracture prevention courses).
- Join us again for the Instructor Training program – but take the short course! Those who re-certify have the option to join us for 1.5 days of the annual BBB Instructor training. 2018 Instructor Training will be held September 13 &14th, 2018 and registration will open June 1st!
Stay Balanced With Us!!